Durant Motors Internet Forum

Our Purpose

Preserve the automobiles manufactured by the Durant Motor Company, provide enjoyment for each member with meets, tours & technical assistance.

This forum is provided by the Durant Motors Automobile Club located at durantmotors.org

How to Add Pictures             Rocky

General Discussion Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
SAD NEWS

Dear Durant Family and Friends,
I am sorry to inform you all of the death of my beautiful wife, Marcia Kauffman. She passed away this morning at 6:45 A. M. after suffering a stroke and seizure on November 16th. She was at home with her loving family and passed peacefully and without pain . Marcia always enjoyed our Club meetings and frequently spoke of the wonderful times she had with all of the club friends she made.
My family wishes to thank everyone for all the thoughts and prayers sent her way. No doubt they contributed to her peaceful and painless departure from this world. God Bless you all..
Gary K and Family

Where Are You From? PENNA.

Do You own a car built by Durant? 1931 DURANT 6-14 COACH ; 1925 STAR F ROADSTER

Re: SAD NEWS

Gary,
I won’t forget the good time that you and Marcia shared with me in Lancaster. You and your family have my deepest condolences.

Rick

Gary

We are so sorry to hear of the passing of your lovely wife. Our thoughts and prayers are with you and your family.

Peggy and Charlie Spitz

Where Are You From? NJ CA HI

Do You own a car built by Durant? Yes three of them

Gary
Frances and I send you our deepest condolences and are so sad to hear of her passing so soon. She was a wonderful lady with a great heart and personality and will be missed by all who new her and met her. The Durant meetings will be a bit lonelier without her there. If you need anything don't hesitate to call on your Durant family for support and help!

Where Are You From? Oviedo (near Orlando) Florida

Do You own a car built by Durant? 1928 Durant Model 65 4 dr

Gary.....

So sorry to hear of Marcia's passing. Cathy and I will keep her and your entire family in our thoughts and prayers.

Even though I have know you since the 1960's, we first met you and Marcia face to face at the 2004 National meet in New Jersey. We spent some very enjoyable time with both of you riding around Deal NJ in the 1926 Star touring. Very found memories.

Marcia was instantly likable and made a lasting impression on all who met her. Cathy always looked forward to the meets when Marcia was there. They became good shopping buddies!

She was also very active in helping form the East Coast Chapter of the DMAC. Marcia took care of a lot of the arrangements for our first meet in Lancaster.

Every time I visited your home, she was a gracious host and went out of her way to make me feel welcome.

Cathy and I are thankful we got the chance to spend time with the two of you in Lancaster this September.

A Grand Lady is gone, she will be missed, but most of all Fondly remembered by everyone she touched.....

Frank & Cathy Witkowski

Where Are You From? Hookstown Pennsylvania

Do You own a car built by Durant? a few

Gary and Family,
Doris and I are deeply saddened about the news of Marcia. Thanks for the great times we had together at the DMAC meets. We will miss her presence at future meets. Our prayers will be with you and family.

Yates and Doris Milton

Where Are You From? Four Oaks, NC

Do You own a car built by Durant? 1923 Durant Touring

Gary & Family.
Mary Carolyne and I send our sincere thoughts to you and your family at this time. We have fond memories from the meet in Indiana at the Museum.
Our prayers are with you at this time.

Gordon & Mary Carolyne

Where Are You From? Guelph, Ontario, Canada

Do You own a car built by Durant? 1932 Frontenac

Gary,
Shirley and I send our sincerest condolences to you and your family. Our prayers are with you and Marcia and hope for the best in the future.

Don Shilling

Where Are You From? Texarkana, Tex

Dear Gary,
I am so sorry to hear of the passing of Marcia...she was a wonderful lady. I really got to know her at the Indiana Meet, and will not forget the good times. We shared a lot of common interests, especially men who love Durants.. :)
All of our thoughts and prayers are with you and yours..
~C and L

Where Are You From? S. Vermont

Do You own a car built by Durant? Many

Dear Gary

We are so sorry to hear of Marcia's passing. Your whole family is in our thoughts and prayers.

Bob & Stephanie

Where Are You From? tucson

Do You own a car built by Durant? A-22, 633

Dear Gary.
l am very sad to hear this news. Your wife was way too young to pass sway now. l do remember you and her at our 2004 NJ meet Charlie Spitz put on. You were so funny and just loved you both.
May God be with you Gary.
Faithfully
Lance Haynes

Where Are You From? San Diego, CA

Do You own a car built by Durant? many

So sorry to hear about Marcia. She will be greatly missed at all of our future meets. Gary, you will be in our thoughts and prayers as you go through this difficult time. Bill and Annjean

Where Are You From? Grand Rapids, Michigan

Do You own a car built by Durant? 1923 Star, 1928 Durant

Gary:
So sorry to hear this news. I meet you and Marcia for the first time in Auburn and am now remembering our time dining at the same table during the banquet.
Prayers for you and your family. Jim G.

Where Are You From? Ohio

Do You own a car built by Durant? Flint

We are so very sad to hear of Marcia's passing.
We will charish our Luray Cavern memorie's. It was the first and only time we met marcia, she left a lasting and joyful empression. With sadness in our hearts and prayers in our thoughts.
Rory & Stephanie Deaton

Where Are You From? Salem, Va

Do You own a car built by Durant? 1930 614 Sedan Deluxe

Gary: We are so sorry hearing of Marcie's passing. We will never forget the good times we had together especially this year in Lancaster. Sonia will never forget how proudly she wore her hats. Sonia just talked to her regarding the playoff between our Giants and your Phillies. Marcie sure loved her Phillies. We will keep her in our prays. All our love, Bert & Sonia

Where Are You From? American Canyon, California

Do You own a car built by Durant? several Stars

Dear Sonia and Bert,
Thanx for the kind words.....but I have to tell you that one of her last thoughts before she started losing her memory was that she had to pay off her lost bet to Sonia....so ten smackers will be given when we next meet....Today was the saddest day I have ever had to endure. But....softening the blow was Marcia's words after being told that she was going to die. She said, "I am going to die, but it's okay because I have had a good life!.I can only hope that she was right..I was fortunate to be a part of that special gal's life...I thank you all for your thoughts above and for the good times we shared with the Durant family...........
Regards, Gary K

Where Are You From? PENNA.

Do You own a car built by Durant? 1931 DURANT 6-14 COACH ; 1925 STAR F ROADSTER

Unc Gary and family

I haven't checked DMAC the last few days.

I am so sorry to hear you lost Marcia, your partner in life. Especially hard at this time of the year. Take strength in the memories you have with her.

Norm

Where Are You From? Ottawa Ont

Do You own a car built by Durant? 1932 614 sedan

Gary,
Like Norm I was just checking in on the the web site and saw yourr message.

My condolences to you and your faily on the untimely loss of your loved one especially during this time.

Lance C.

Where Are You From? Niceville Florida

Do You own a car built by Durant? 28 Locomobile 8-70, 25 Loco JR-8 Brougham, 26 Loco JR-8 Sedan, and JR-8 Roadster project, 30 Durant 610 Deluxe Sedan

Gary, sorry to hear of Marcia's passing. I will not forget the good times Ruth and I had with you both at the Luray meet. I remember her smile and sense of humor. She was a very kind person who will be missed by all who knew her.

Where Are You From? Ohio

Do You own a car built by Durant? Durant 1930 614 sedan

sorry to hear of your lose no words can ease your pain but the love of God can help you through.
The lord be with you and yours in your time of need God Bless.
Mike & Patty Rice

Where Are You From? WI.

Do You own a car built by Durant? 1926 Star Coupster

My sincere condolences on the passing of your wonderful wife Marcia. I still remember the first time we all met at the New Jersey meet in 2004. Marcia made me feel as if we were old friends. A great lady and we will all miss her greatly.My prayers are with you both.

Where Are You From? Staten Island New York

Do You own a car built by Durant? 1923 Star Touring

Gary:

My sincere condolances go to you and your family at this difficult time. To a Durant club member who I have come to know lately and a person who has offered much help in the restoration process of my car. My prayers are with you and your family.

Where Are You From? Hyattsville, Md

Do You own a car built by Durant? Yes

Gary, Dorothy and I are so sorry for your lose of Marcia.
We are great full that we had the opportunity to spend time with you and Marcia in Lancaster. She will be missed also by all of us in the DMAC.
Ken and Dorothy

Where Are You From? Muskegon, MI

The Durant Motors Automobile Club