Durant Motors Internet Forum

Our Purpose

Preserve the automobiles manufactured by the Durant Motor Company, provide enjoyment for each member with meets, tours & technical assistance.

This forum is provided by the Durant Motors Automobile Club located at durantmotors.org

How to Add Pictures             Rocky

General Discussion Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
THANK YOU FOR YOUR GOOD WISHES

DEAR DURANT FAMILY,
MARCIA RECEIVED YOUR CARD TODAY, WISHING HER A SPEEDY RECOVERY. SHE WAS GREATLY CHEERED BY IT.
ON NOVEMBER 16TH, SHE HAD A SEIZURE WHICH APPARENTLY WAS THE CULMINATING ACTION OF A STROKE DURING THE PREVIOUS WEEK. SHE HAS BEEN HOSPITALIZED SINCE THEN WITH STROKE RESIDUALS. SHE WAS FORTUNATE TO HAVE THE STROKE LOCATE IN THE OCCIPITAL OR REAR REGION OF THE BRAIN. SHE HAS ALL MOTOR SKILLS INCLUDING SPEECH AND MEMORY AND INTELLECTUAL FUNCTIONS BUT HAS LOST SIGNIFICANT VISUAL ABILITY AND HAS SOME "FORGETFULNESS " FOR SHORT TERM THINGS....HER PROGNOSIS FOR RECOVERY, HOWEVER, HAS NOT YET TURNED FOR THE BETTER SO PLEASE KEEP CANDLES LIT AND YOUR THOUGHTS AND PRAYERS FOR HER GOING. WE WILL NEED EVERY ONE WE CAN GET.
THANX AND REGARDS..GARY KAUFFMAN

Re: THANK YOU FOR YOUR GOOD WISHES

Hi Gary,
Our thoughts and prayers will be with you both....

Yates and Doris

Gary we've already spoken but if we or I can do anything for you, just let us know. We will continue to pray and hope that all gets well with the fine lady of yours.

Where Are You From? Oviedo (near Orlando) Florida

Do You own a car built by Durant? 1928 Durant Model 65 4 dr

Lets hope for a Christmas miracle, Unc Gary.

It seems Diana might be on the mend also after months of problems.

Where Are You From? Ottawa Ont

Do You own a car built by Durant? 1932 614 sedan

Gary
I have only met you and your good wife once--(In Pensylvania on our train ride) But want to wish you both the best. Hopefully you will both be on another tour and we will meet again . Good luck and Keep us all informed on the progress she is making.
Ken

Where Are You From? Kamloops B C Canada

Do You own a car built by Durant? yes

Gary, just read your sorry news. Please accept our love and best wishes for a speedy recovery for your lovely wife Marcia. Although we did not meet her we enjoyed your company and fellowship when we had the good fortune to be together in Canada. I will include you both in my daily prayers, sorry I cannot offer any practical help. I enjoy your comments on the Web Forum immensly, keep up the great enthusiasm you have for Durant Products. With every kind wish, Graham and June from the Greatlake Downunder.

Where Are You From? Taupo, New Zealand

Do You own a car built by Durant? 1924 A22 Sport Tourer

Gary:

Our thoughts and prayers go out to you and Marcia. Never a good time to be sick, but hard over the Christmas season.
Our prayers will be for a miracle, as per Norm.

Gordon & Mary Carolyne.

Where Are You From? Guelph, Ontario, Canada

Do You own a car built by Durant? Frontenac - 1932

DEAR FRIENDS, NOTHING CAN REPLACE THE WARMTH OF A GOOD FRIENDSHIP. WE THANK YOU ALL. KEEP THE PRAYERS COMING.....MARCIA WILL ENTER A HOSPICE PROGRAM SHORTLY
AND WE GREATLY APPRECIATE EVERYONE'S KINDNESS....AND THE EFFORTS TO INFLUENCE THE MAN UPSTAIRS ON HER BEHALF...GOOD BLESS ALL OF YOU....AND OUR DEAR MARCIA...GARY K

My prayers are with you guys

Where Are You From? Staten Island NY

Do You own a car built by Durant? 1923 Star Touring

The Durant Motors Automobile Club