Durant Motors Internet Forum

Our Purpose

Preserve the automobiles manufactured by the Durant Motor Company, provide enjoyment for each member with meets, tours & technical assistance.

This forum is provided by the Durant Motors Automobile Club located at durantmotors.org

How to Add Pictures             Rocky

General Discussion Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
1924 Star Touring model

seattle craigslist > snohomish co > for sale / wanted > cars & trucks - by owner
please flag with care:

miscategorized

prohibited

spam/overpost

best of craigslist

Avoid scams and fraud by dealing locally! Beware any deal involving Western Union, Moneygram, wire transfer, cashier check, money order, shipping, escrow, or any promise of transaction protection/certification/guarantee. More info
VERY RARE 1924 STAR TOURING ALL ORIGIONAL - $7000 (snohomish)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Date: 2010-11-28, 6:29PM PST
Reply to: sale-vwazv-2084420056@craigslist.org [Errors when replying to ads?]

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This is an all origional 1924 Star Touring model. This car is a restorers dream. Was found in the corner of a shop on a peice of property that was being cleaned up. This car is in incredible shape for its age. Star was a motor company started by William Durant which was preveiously the CEO for General Motors. This was the car to have in the twenties their were known for reliability, looks, speed, and how comfortable they were. Only a limited number were produced. This was the bootleggers dream and was highley saud after. Actually I can still remember my grandfather talking about how no body could catch him running shine in his star. This car is all origional and is all their. The body has minor minor surface rust and would not require any body or panel replacement or straitining. Just cleaning and painting. The motor for the most part is complete minus a cap and spark plugs and small things to that nature. The motor also turns over by hand with the origional back up hand crank that comes with car. Even the wood stringers and frame for material roof are still there in good condition with the Star logo still intact on them. The material top needs replacing but for a car of this age and rarety those are minor complications. All wood rims are there and it comes with two spare rims and a spare radiator. Also thier is some spare hub bearing covers and some spare parts. It looks as if some body had been working on it years ago. All engine and frame and body tags are still in mint condition. email me. Only serious buyers. This is an incredible car for its rarity and age as it sits on rolling chasis that could be drivin with some tlc and love. I am asking 7,000 obo shoot me an offer. For more details and pics call or email me. My number is 206 295 9108 thanks.

•it's NOT ok to contact this poster with services or other commercial interests

PostingID: 2084420056

Copyright © 2010 craigslist, inc.terms of useprivacy policyfeedback forum

Where Are You From? DETROIT

Do You own a car built by Durant? NO

The Durant Motors Automobile Club