Durant Motors Internet Forum

Our Purpose

Preserve the automobiles manufactured by the Durant Motor Company, provide enjoyment for each member with meets, tours & technical assistance.

This forum is provided by the Durant Motors Automobile Club located at durantmotors.org

How to Add Pictures             Rocky

General Discussion Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
New Star Technical Advisor

Hi All.........

I'm pleased to announce that Don Shilling has accepted the position of Star technical adviser.

You can find a direct email link to Don ,and the other techs, on the contact us button.

Don brings a wealth of knowledge and hands on experience to this position. Don has probably forgotten more about Stars than most of us know.

Welcome aboard and THANKS Don........

Frank ---

Where Are You From? Hookstown Pennsylvania

Do You own a car built by Durant? a few

Re: New Star Technical Advisor

Congrads Don

Do You own a car built by Durant? two of em

Hey, No problem. This should be fun.
However, as I told Frank, this will be some large shoes to fill but I will try my best. I do have hands on learning but I will never know everything, especially with the various mods that crop up with Stars and Durants. I solicit everyone's help from time to time on tech issues.
Maybe we could have a sticky section called "Stump the Teacher" whereas if someone comes across a unique or oddball feature of our cars they could post it here and the tech advisers could try to interpret it as original, home made, aftermarket or whatever.

Hi Don,

Hey, congrats to our new Star tech advisor...Was wondering how your and Butches Star coupe projects are coming along, are you making any progress this winter? Any pics? I have finaly gotten around to doing the wood in the doors on my 40 coupe, What a bear...Thanks for the offer on the Landau Iron, as it were I borrowed one from Gary Yelle and made some up.

More later, Bill

Where Are You From? Yuma, AZ / Leavenworth, WA

Do You own a car built by Durant? '23 A-22 Touring / 29 model 40 Coupe

Hi Don,
Congratulations on the new job. Know you will be a great asset to all Star owners as well as the DMAC.
Thanks for serving...

Yates

Where Are You From? Four Oaks, NC

Do You own a car built by Durant? 23 Durant Touring

The Durant Motors Automobile Club