Durant Motors Internet Forum

Our Purpose

Preserve the automobiles manufactured by the Durant Motor Company, provide enjoyment for each member with meets, tours & technical assistance.

This forum is provided by the Durant Motors Automobile Club located at durantmotors.org

How to Add Pictures             Rocky

General Discussion Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
2011 Annual Meet in Vancouver B.C.

Hello Everyone,
just finalizing setting the date for next years meet and to allow for a large
attendance your input is appreciated.
I am trying to organize the meet after canadian Labour day and before canadian Thanks giving when school is back in.
This is between September 05 and October 10th. The other option would be end of August.
The more replies the better. I would like to have the dates and details set on the next partner deadline which is Nov 15th.
Looking forward to get some input.
Franz Fraitzl

Where Are You From? North Vancouver,B.C. Canada

Re: 2011 Annual Meet in Vancouver B.C.

Franz
I would opt for the earliest date . Weather is usually quite nice yet and maybe some of our eastern members would want to have a chance to look around other parts of the province before returning home. There are a lot of beautifull places for visitors to see and many of them may never get here again . Just a thought . I am good for any time. Short trip for me --(specially after the last two meets I was at.) If I can help with anything please let me know. I am a bit far away but there may be something I can do.
Ken

Where Are You From? Kamloops B C Canada

Do You own a car built by Durant? yes

It might be helpful to provide dates. In 2011, Labour Day is Mon., Sept. 5th and our Thanksgiving is Mon., Oct. 10th. In most parts of Canada, school begins immewdiately following Labour Day.

Where Are You From? Guelph, ON

Do You own a car built by Durant? Yes

Franz

Let me throw my three cents into this conversation. I would avoid Labor or Labour Day weekend and look at the following weekend. For example start on Thursday Sep 8, 2011 and end on Sat Sept 10 with the annual banquet.

Airfares over the Labor Day weekend are going to be higher than if we wait a few days. Plus with summer completely over, it will be easier and cheaper to get hotel rooms.

We are looking forward to Vancouver in 2011, and we plan on going to Anchorage and Fairbanks after the 2011 DMAC.

charlie and peggy

Where Are You From? NJ CA HI

Do You own a car built by Durant? Yes three of them

Thanks for the input so far looks like that it does not matter from late August to early September for the hotel rates are all the same. So were is the input I had some two hundred views but little replies. Everyone it is your meet make your voice count. Lets hear from you. I will have to finalize date next week and I am looking for a record turnout.
Yours
Franz Fraitzl

By the way I have some really interesting events planed

Where Are You From? North Vancouver,B.C. Canada

LAST WEEK IN SEPTEMBER IS HIGH HOLIDAY TIME....28-30
SO PLEASE AVOID IF POSSIBLE..ALSO OCT 5-6-7....GARY K

Where Are You From? penna

Do You own a car built by Durant? 1931 DURANT 6-14 COACH, 1925 STAR ROADSTER

Franz

Sometimes the views are those of us that replied and are checking to see who else has replied. So I am sure that people like Gary, Mike, myself have each looked 5 or so times.

With Gary's input on the Jewish holidays late in September, and Labor day the first weekend in September, having the actual events on Thurs Sept 8 to Sat Sept 10, would be consistent with the dates for the last few years and they seem to work for most of those that attend.

Personally, those dates above are good for Peg and I since we plan on continuing to Alaska for another ten days or so after the DMAC. Any later, then I have to adjust my late Sept schedule.

Charlie and Peggy

Where Are You From? NJ CA HI

Do You own a car built by Durant? Yes three of them

Franz- Right after US Labor day would be fine. I also talked to member Jim Colbert, and this time would work for him also Ross

Where Are You From? Orygun

After US Labor Day works best for me.

Where Are You From? North of Golden Gate Bridge

Do You own a car built by Durant? 1925 Star

We are already thinking of a holiday in Vancouver in 2011 and if this could be matched to my first Club meet then that would be great. Early August would be best then we could go on to an Alaska cruise!!

Where Are You From? Kingston-upon-Hull, UK

Do You own a car built by Durant? Yes, opinion seems to be that I have a 1929 Canadian built M4 Tourer

Franz:
September is a very busy time for us. We have several events that we are obligated to attend, usually the first three weeks in September.
August would be a better time for us.
Gord & Mary Carolyne

Where Are You From? Guelph, Ontario, Canada

Do You own a car built by Durant? 1932 Frontenac

Franz
It looks like everyone is in anticipation of the Vancouver meet. I know I have never been to "Vancouver, Spectacular by Nature". August or September will work for me, September works better for giving a Treasure's report...but that is minor.
It looks like we need to get out of the city a little...Richmond (near airport), Marriott near? as parking in the city looks limited and often costly.
The Burnaby Villiage Museum with its carousel closes Sept 6. It would be nice to stay close to things that we can do with the cars...Stanley Park and English Bay look pretty inviting. There also looks to be some interesting shopping for those incline...Yaletown, Chinatown. Only tem months away, I'll be ready. Bob & Stephanie

Where Are You From? tucson

Do You own a car built by Durant? A-22, 633

Hi All....

The dates that have worked best in the past, and accommodated the most members are the week of Labor day or the following week.

Looking forward to seeing this beautiful area.....

Frank ---

Where Are You From? Hookstown Pennsylvania

Do You own a car built by Durant? a few

Anytime after Labor Day (US) works fine for me, it will be a long trip but well worth it. Vancouver is a beautiful city. Been there many times as well as Victoria island and have always enjoyed myself. I agree with Bob that it needs to be in a small town maybe on the outskirts of Vancouver since traffic will not be antique car friendly and hotels much more expensive. Those of you in the US remember you will need a passport now to enter and exit Canada to get back into the U.S. so if you don't have one, start applying as soon as possible. Usually not much of a wait now, but good to get it early.

Where Are You From? Oviedo (near Orlando) Florida

Do You own a car built by Durant? 1928 Durant Model 65 4 dr

Mike, good point about passports.
Early this year I renewed mine and it took less than 30 days to receive my new one. Most anyone renewing their passport can do it by mail. They also have something new for use in Canada, Mexico and the Pacific islands; it’s a passport card about the size of a credit card.

Rick

Where Are You From? San Francisco Bay Area

Do You own a car built by Durant? two of 'em

The Durant Motors Automobile Club