Durant Motors Internet Forum

Our Purpose

Preserve the automobiles manufactured by the Durant Motor Company, provide enjoyment for each member with meets, tours & technical assistance.

This forum is provided by the Durant Motors Automobile Club located at durantmotors.org

How to Add Pictures             Rocky

General Discussion Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
who made the gauges in durant?

im trying to do a little research on my gauges and first I'm trying to figure out who made them was it stewart warner ?

thanks

-Phillip

Where Are You From? Moreno Valley, Ca

Do You own a car built by Durant? 1930 6-14 standard coupe

Re: who made the gauges in durant?

W.G. Nagel made the gauges. As a matter of fact there is a gauge on Ebay right now for sale. Check out the ebay button on the left of the page.

Where Are You From? Oviedo (near Orlando) Florida

Do You own a car built by Durant? 1928 Durant Model 65 4 dr

Perhaps for the antique pre 30 cars

Phillip, here's the page out of the 614 owners manual Jan 1930 Detroit plant. Makers varied plant to plant it seems. As an example your carb could be Stromberg U2 or Tillotson W8A. 619 was Tillotson J5A. Canada we used the U2 and W8A but Dominion Motors also used, you folks never heard of, ... my 614 is J4A then there's J6A and J7A. Motors could be 22A or 22AA or 32A. Sending units AC but mine is Stewart Warner. Nothing cut and dried about Durant's other than name and at that exports were called Rugby's. Why you can say no two cars the same. Something additional, is winter fronts on US 30's car rad shells. Here in the land of ice and snow, where you would expect it, it wasn't even an option, US only. Just shows we are used to the cold unlike Lance who freezes in Fla when its 80 out,

Photobucket

Where Are You From? Ottawa Ont

Do You own a car built by Durant? 1932 614 sedan

Hey, Thanks a lot you guys for the help! its so hard to find information about Durant

Where Are You From? Moreno Valley, Ca

Do You own a car built by Durant? 1930 6-14 standard coupe

Hi Phillip .. will be sending you a bit more info on the 1930 614's.

Hi Norm. That is interesting info on the gauges. Have you posted it in the tech section?

Where Are You From? Auburn, WA

Do You own a car built by Durant? 4

Hi Robert ... No I leave that up to Frank or Rick. Would be interesting to see what Canada had for same page.

Did send paint sheets I got from a DMAC'er and correction to model 40 serial numbers when Cumberland museum called me in a panic thinking they had an odd ball VIN and maybe not a 1929. The entire line is missing for Jan 1929 40's all plants. Terry's site has correct info. That was a couple of years back now. Neither added. Same in photos 1933 where Bob Smith owns Keith Reid's car, instead of Tim Orr's car. Probably too busy or forgot to do.

Its just I have an interest in the 614 having owned a 1930 Special sedan in the 60's and my chum of the time, a 1931 614. EBay 2006 had the 18 page Leaside sales brochure on the 1930 614 and I had to have that, as a memory of my 30. You don't want to know what I paid for it, lol. First time I knew my old 30 was a Special with pic of her in the brochure, that just added more to it. Little did I know a few months later I would be getting Dorothy.

Then the 1930 owners manual was on Ebay in Maine. Not 32 but at least a 614. I have no idea if Dominion Motors ever had an owners manual with our cars. If so they must be very rare or just used the 1930's. There is so little factory info around. Bit by bit we are trying to unraveling Dominion Motors. Steve Large has been working on that project, with a few eye openers and misconceptions of the past, on Canadian vehicles, thanks to the Toronto Star online.

The Durant Motors Automobile Club