Durant Motors Internet Forum

Our Purpose

Preserve the automobiles manufactured by the Durant Motor Company, provide enjoyment for each member with meets, tours & technical assistance.

This forum is provided by the Durant Motors Automobile Club located at durantmotors.org

How to Add Pictures             Rocky

General Discussion Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
More things for sale

Think I am almost back on track again from the Park.
During the summer I had day after day voice mail for a week from a Joe Petrella in Washington. Just did a 411 reverse phone look up and got ...

Joseph Petrello
6006 S Fork Coppei Rd
Waitsburg, WA 99361-7747
(509) 337-9899
and
Joe's Quality Construction . Serving the Kennewick area
Kennewick, WA 99336
(509) 337-9899
He left 509 - 386-3876 as business phone as well.

email http://www.joesqualityconstruction.com/

From what I copied down he has a 1928 Durant for sale for $8500. Also loads of parts for 1930 Durant (fenders, shocks, lights, etc etc.) Thought at first it was an Ont call and I might have parts for Dorothy. However we have 905 exchange but 509 is opposite side of the continent in USA. Could have used the shocks, having none and goodness knows what else. Perhaps someone from Washington can give Joe a call to see whats what.

Where Are You From? Ottawa Ont

Do You own a car built by Durant? 1932 614 sedan

Re: More things for sale

Sorry gang .. looks like his site has no email contact. Phone only.

Norm- I think members Mike Larsen and Jim Colbert are on this source of parts. But neither is using the internet. I know Jim just got a 6-14 parts car from this area within the last couple of weeks. Ross

Do You own a car built by Durant? 1930 Durant 6-14

Hi Ross .. Got this from Phil which might shed more light.

Hi Norm, Just wanted to let you know that I visited Joe this summer and took some photo's of all his parts. I forwarded them to Mike Larsen in Vancouver, WA as he was interested but don't know if he ever went by Joe's place. He lives out in the country at the end of a gravel road just before it crosses a small creek with no bridge. I wouldn't want to visit in the winter time. Most of the parts are pretty rusty and the '28 is a California car but needs a lot of work. Phil Peters

Joe called me about 4 times the one week and I was lucky to just come home to pay bills before the messages were deleted from the voice mail. Its hit and miss May to Oct if anyone can get me and if voice mails still on the Bell answering. No phone or PC hook ups at the RV Trailer Park where I work as volunteer looking after the grounds and cutting trees for fire wood. Can't sit still in a tin box and do nothing. Just ask any of the campers, whos out working like a 20 yr old from 7 am to 4 pm, 7 days a week, ha ha.

Ok guys .. Phil (DMAC member)sent me pics of the cars but I can't seem to shrink them for photobucket ..Its taken me an hr to just get photobucket to accept these two. Truck seems cut sedan body of Durant but frame of something else. Screw on rad cap, crank hole in rad above shell apron, caps not of 30 D, shocks / links not D either I don't think.
If interested in the 1928 sedan pics I'm sure Phil can send them. Its inside and seems complete.
Phil Peters pjtpeters@spiritone.com
Photobucket
Photobucket

I'm sure that these are are the same cars that member Jim Colbert was after. He mentioned that there was also a BMW 600 at this spot, and it looks like one poking out from under the tarp next to the sedan. So from that, he has already taken the sedan out of there and was going to part it out. Ross

Where Are You From? Orygun

Do You own a car built by Durant? 1930 6-14

Could be Ross ... the mongrel truck looks like a 407 hood. Phil was going to call Mike or Jim (can't recall which .. senior moment ) as neither has a computer.
Can't understand why XP won't shrink the pics like it does for any other pics I ask it send out. Always says same size or smaller and I go for smaller. Otherwise I'd add the 4 of the 28 sedan. Its on tires with varnished spokes and varnished running boards. Tail light is wrong. Its multi colours of green and primer done yrs back with surface rust starting. Fenders black but spotting with surface rust. Rad shell silver painted. Cowl vent on top, cowl lights missing. Can't see front bumper in the pic but rear bumperettes have opening like a mouth for better words, not straight twin bars. Caps on wheels. Wood grained dash. Not sure if a 60 or 70's series of D.

do you know if the car has a windshield wiper or horn button with the durant logo on it as i am desperately looking for these items

-Phillip

Where Are You From? Moreno Valley, Ca

Do You own a car built by Durant? 1930 6-14 standard coupe

Can't say Phillip .. you see what I do. Seems to me I recall someone saying they have a horn button awhile back.

Phillip, Click on the links page then on Vancover Durant Star Connection then on Parts Example...Franz makes horn buttons, check and see if this is the style you are looking for.

Bill

Do You own a car built by Durant? A-22 Touring / Model 40 Coupe

Bill ... looking at Franz site it seems to be pre 1930 parts.

Horn button has the 30 - 33 rad crest shape without Durant name. Crest on two rings. Much the same as the 1930 style wire wheel caps, none dished type. Dished type a little bit different as crest hits the outer ring top and bottom.

Wouldn't hurt to ask Fritz though.

Norm

Phillip
I have a good horn button and a glued together ring with it . I will part with them if the price is right and you pay the shipping costs as well. I am open to offers.
Ken

Where Are You From? Kamloops B C Canada

Do You own a car built by Durant? yes

Norm: Contact me off forum at : dtruemner@bell.net

Where Are You From? Ottawa, ON

Do You own a car built by Durant? No

The Durant Motors Automobile Club