Durant Motors Internet Forum

Our Purpose

Preserve the automobiles manufactured by the Durant Motor Company, provide enjoyment for each member with meets, tours & technical assistance.

This forum is provided by the Durant Motors Automobile Club located at durantmotors.org

How to Add Pictures             Rocky

General Discussion Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Website Updates

Over the past few weeks I have been quietly updating the website with your pictures and tech docs. I have more to do but anywhere you see the word “new” I have updated or added new material. Today I added pictures of the 2010 Canadian Gathering and posted two copies of Spark and Throttle, a publication of the Leaside factory for its Canadian dealers. Thanks to Frank Witkowski for pictures and copies of these magazines.

In the Special Interest section you will find links to view the August 1927 and October 1929 editions of Spark & Throttle. Pictures of the Canadian Gathering are located in the Photographs section under Past Events.

The publications are very interesting and show you what the factory was telling their dealers at the time. There are articles about the 1929 Canadian National Exhibition as well as stories reporting export activities to New Zealand, Brazil, South Africa, Argentina and Hawaii. After I saw a picture from Rio De Janeiro, Brazil showing the Coca-cobana Hotel I just could not get that Barry Manilow song out of my head.

Enjoy,

Rick

The Durant Motors Automobile Club