Durant Motors Internet Forum

Our Purpose

Preserve the automobiles manufactured by the Durant Motor Company, provide enjoyment for each member with meets, tours & technical assistance.

This forum is provided by the Durant Motors Automobile Club located at durantmotors.org

How to Add Pictures             Rocky

General Discussion Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
There is a 1931 Model 619 on Ebay

There is a 1931 619 Sedan for Sale on EBay

Item number: 110571222389

Rick

Where Are You From? Fremont, Califoria

Re: There is a 1931 Model 619 on Ebay

Wow.. seems to me... only $ 5,000 U.S ??
Sounds abnormally cheap...

Geez between my nickeling, rebuilt motor, springs, brakes, clutch, all bearings, tires and wheel spokes I am $15,000 - $20,000 behind..

guy

Well Guy, I ended up buying that 619. $5,000 was a good price for a 619, but I will still have to hire an auto transport company to bring it home. The Durant is in Vermont and I'm in California 3,000 miles away.

Rick

Where Are You From? Fremont, Caifornia

Congratulations Rick, looks like a real good buy. Looks like everything is there just needs correcting and restoring. Remember Durants are like potato chips you can't just have one, they seem to multiply in your garage.

Where Are You From? Oviedo (near Orlando) Florida

Do You own a car built by Durant? 1928 Durant Model 65 4 dr

rick, i don't know if it is any help....but if you can get it to plymouth meeting, i can hide it for you for a while....until you can find a good cross country ride.....maybe larry fog. knows someone who can get it here reasonably...just a thought...regards, gary k

Where Are You From? penna

Do You own a car built by Durant? 1931 DURANT 6-14 COACH, 1925 STAR ROADSTER

Congrats, Rick.
I missed seeing it on ebay. Have any pictures?

Wayne

Do You own a car built by Durant? '31 619

Careful Gary, I just might take you up on your offer.

here are some pictures of my new 619.

well rick, i never made an offer i couldn't live with.
since frank picked up the coupe, i have a space if you really need it for a while....besides, there are more darn durants seem to pass thru here on the way west, than any other place i know of....just give me a heads up....regards, gary k

Hi Rick.....

Welcome to the 619 owners group!! You are now a member in good standing.

Gary K's Used Durant Lot in Philadelphia maybe a good temporary stop for your car. Many of mine have come from there. Could be why he asked me if I would be interested in buying a 619 he had coming in!

Enjoy the new ride, see you in Lancaster........

Frank ---

Where Are You From? Hookstown, Pennsylvania

Do You own a car built by Durant? 17 Durant & Star cars and a Durant-Dort buggy (one horse power)

Rick- You need to seek professional help for your Durant addiction--Maybe you could get a group rate for all of us! Nice car. You even managed to get it in a color close to your roadster. It doesn't look like it has been restored to your high standards. What are your future plans for it? Ross

Where Are You From? Orygun

Do You own a car built by Durant? 1930 6-14 coupe

Thanks Frank and Gary.
I've been looking around the interent for pictures of a 619 and came across one I had never seen before. It's located in Finland and the pictures were taken at an event called Helatorstaiajot 2009. Google translates that to Ascension Day Run 2009.
What a pretty car. does anyone know who the owner is?

Ross,

For the time being I just want to make it a nice driver, not a show car, but nice looking. In the future I'd like to bring it up to the level of the Finnish car above.

OK RICK...I GOTTA SAY IT....

YOU MEAN YOU WANT TO "FINNISH" IT?

SORRY...I COULDN'T RESIST.

I'LL SAVE YOU PARKING SPOT #5....REGARDS, GARY K

The Durant Motors Automobile Club