Durant Motors Internet Forum

Our Purpose

Preserve the automobiles manufactured by the Durant Motor Company, provide enjoyment for each member with meets, tours & technical assistance.

This forum is provided by the Durant Motors Automobile Club located at durantmotors.org

How to Add Pictures             Rocky

General Discussion Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Upholstery

I am looking for help again. What material should be used in the rumble seat area of this car? For the seat and for the sidewalls as well. I have some pretty good fibreglass backing I can use as stiffener but dont know what to cover it with. I would think maybe it should be sort of waterproof and tough enough to withstand people crawling in and out of the back. Then I need info on the interior of the cab , what was the common material used there? Any hints on installing would be very helpfull too.
Trying hard to talk my wife into going to Lancaster but so far its not working. Last words from her was for me to go . But I want her to go as well. Still trying
Ken

Where Are You From? Kamloops B C Canada

Do You own a car built by Durant? 1930 durant-model 614-deluxe rumble seat coupe

Re: Upholstery

hello
marcia is not a committed car person.....tho she luv's "her durant'....BUT SHE LUV'S TO SHOP WITH HER DURANTONIAN FRIENDS.....AND LANCASTER HAS IT ALL...OUTLETS ARE MINUTES AWAY.....AND THERE IS ALWAYS ROOM IN A CAR FOR ONE MORE SHOPPER.....HAHAHAHAH.......TRY THAT APPROACH.... REGARDS, GARY K

Where Are You From? penna

Do You own a car built by Durant? 1931 DURANT 6-14 COACH, 1925 STAR ROADSTER

Moose hide on all BC cars Ken.
Part way there on a new gas tank but its sending unit hole is in the wrong place. Grrrrr back again in Oct to see why he put it top of tank instead of where it should be under the rubber cap and one side of tank on its own stand. Was to reuse existing parts but he didn't on that. ??? Only taken since Feb 2009 to get this far with the welding place. They say Rome wasn't built in a day .. but ... sigh. Price is a lot better at $250 then yours. Its just frustration at getting a simple job done as explained to him thats annoying. He's in that business and deals with customizing cars etc plus Government welding jobs.

And you thought I was gone ... just a whistle stop home to pay bills and finally a few sec to myself.

Where Are You From? Ottawa Ont

Do You own a car built by Durant? 1932 614 sedan

Moose hide would last long time --BUT-- darned thing is full of fleas and ticks. Think I gonna try mohair instead. Would hate to be driving down some country road and have a big bull moose attack me cause I smelled like his lost love or something like that.
I was beginning to think you had quit the web. Guess not .
Ken

Where Are You From? Kamloops B C Canada

Do You own a car built by Durant? 1930 Durant-model 614 deluxe rumble seat coupe

Nope just away as usual May to Oct looking after the grounds at McCullough's Landing RV Park. No pc or phone hook ups there. So ya all get a rest from my mails

Decided to come down last night instead as we are in monsoon season again where it pours constantly like Niagara Falls. Have to see the GP for a blood clot in my leg anyway. Felt like passing a kidney stone at the time for pain.

Sounds like you are sorry I am not gone off the web .....
Must send you a pic of my new tank. He squared the corners so its not like an upside down yield sign. Don't understand why he couldn't round the corners but a tank is a tank. Sure looks good except for the sending unit placing. Presently that would be crushed under the cross plate of the frame and accessible. I will have to wait until home again to deal with him and correct it. Bit by bit ...

Where Are You From? Ottawa Ont

Do You own a car built by Durant? 1932 614 sedan

Ken For the side panels in the rumble seat. Use black panelboard(has a pebbly,almost grain to it). You can have the visible edges bound. These are the panels that go from the vertical wooden post back to the support for the rumble seat hinge. They are attached by wood screws on that post and along the top of the panel, to the wood support that runs down the curve of the quarter panels. The seat itself can be 'leatherette' or real leather. Check with LeBaron-Bonney or Perfect-Fit for supplies. Also before you enclose all that in don't forget to run that rubber hose that drains the water from the rear window drain pan, down the right side vertical metal posts(with a couple clips), to the drain hole in the rumble seat floor. Ross

Where Are You From? Orygun

Do You own a car built by Durant? 1930 6-14 coupe

The Durant Motors Automobile Club