Durant Motors Internet Forum

Our Purpose

Preserve the automobiles manufactured by the Durant Motor Company, provide enjoyment for each member with meets, tours & technical assistance.

This forum is provided by the Durant Motors Automobile Club located at durantmotors.org

How to Add Pictures             Rocky

General Discussion Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
first post

I am Kenn Young, the new owner of a partially restored 1931 Durant roadster. I bought it on ebay about a month ago and I am gearing up to finish it by next summer. I am searching for parts and would appreciate any help/info that is sent my way. I need; tail light bracket and tail light,bumpers and brackets, the rumble seat handle ( is it the same as a door handle?), information on the upholstery ,rumble seat steps, wiring harness ( I plan to convert to 12V), trunk rack, contact info for who can restore dashboard gauges- the list goes on. thanks to Dave for his help.

Where Are You From? ithaca ny

Do You own a car built by Durant? 1931 durant rumble seat roadster

Re: first post

Hi Kenn.........

Since you are the newest member of the DMAC, Welcome to our forum.

It's good to have you aboard.

You are officially a "Durantonian"

Why not make plans to join us in Lancaster PA for our national meet this September? All the info is on the left side button labeled Durant Events.

Frank ---

Where Are You From? Hookstown, Pennsylvania

Do You own a car built by Durant? 17 Durant & Star cars & a Durant Dort buggy (one horse power)

Hi Kenn
You came to the right place. Welcome aboard and to the Durant family. If you haven't already, join the DMAC by clicking the area to the left titled Join. The club magazine is filled with plenty of good parts and tips on keeping your car running and restoring it. Also like Frank said, consider coming to the National meet in Lancaster in September. You'll meet other Durant car owners and see some of their cars. Most important is the information learned during the hospitality time in the evening where you get a chance to chat with other owners on where they located parts, and how they restored various parts. Hope to see you there

Where Are You From? Oviedo (near Orlando) Florida

Do You own a car built by Durant? 1928 Durant Model 65 4 dr

Kenn

Mike has a great idea, join us in Lancaster for the DMAC annual meeting, it is only a few hours drive from Ithica to Lancaster and you can meet some of the members, get info about your Durant and have fun as well.

make your hotel reservation soon, and send the meeting reservation as well. You (and your family) will have a great time.

Charlie

Where Are You From? NJ CA HI

Do You own a car built by Durant? Yes three of them

The Durant Motors Automobile Club