Durant Motors Internet Forum

Our Purpose

Preserve the automobiles manufactured by the Durant Motor Company, provide enjoyment for each member with meets, tours & technical assistance.

This forum is provided by the Durant Motors Automobile Club located at durantmotors.org

How to Add Pictures             Rocky

General Discussion Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Splash Apron Manufacture ???

Hi All.....

I need 2 pair of splash aprons for my 1926 Stars.

Any suggestions for a good quality manufacture?

Over 4 months ago I ordered 2 pair from Howells sheet metal in Texas. They do not answer their phone or return messages or emails. Guess they closed?

Any suggestions appreciated. Getting close to needing these for the Roadster projects.

THANKS......

Frank ---

Where Are You From? Hookstown, Pennsylvania

Do You own a car built by Durant? 17 Durant & Star cars & a Durant Dort buggy (one horse power)

Re: Splash Apron Manufacture ???

Frank, talk to Ed Vomero. I know he had some made for his 23 Star.

Where Are You From? Grand Rapids, Michigan

Do You own a car built by Durant? 1923 Star, 1928Durant

Frank,
I just got off the phone with Paul at Howells Sheet Metal. They have their backs up against the wall with their regular work as manufactures of sheet metal parts for their catalog sales and aftermarket parts customers.
I know, it took one year to get the parts for my Star coupe.
That's the problem with being good at your work. I mentioned that you were concerned about the two aprons and he said he would try to intercede but he always tells customers of "other make" parts that it may take six months or more.
Hopefully we may find a smaller automotive sheet metal concern that can handle our parts needs.

Where Are You From? Texarkana, Tex

Hi Frank
Roebling in California made my splash pans and new hood. Very reasonable and I received the work in a few months. I will have to look up what it cost, I do remember that the shipping was a bit high. The work was good quality. You will see it in Lancaster.

Where Are You From? Staten island

Do You own a car built by Durant? 1923 Star touring

The Durant Motors Automobile Club