Durant Motors Internet Forum

Our Purpose

Preserve the automobiles manufactured by the Durant Motor Company, provide enjoyment for each member with meets, tours & technical assistance.

This forum is provided by the Durant Motors Automobile Club located at durantmotors.org

How to Add Pictures             Rocky

General Discussion Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Valve Tappet Guide Springs

I have a source that will produce new, replacement valve tappet guide springs for W5 (Part No. 20691) and 14L (Part No. 22376) engines. If I have a minimum order of two dozen, the unit price will be in the range of $2.75 to $3.00. If my order is at least six dozen, the unit price should be about $1.00 less. Please let me know if you wish to order either and how many you want. I should place my order within a week to avoid being delayed by holidays at the manufacturer's.
Thanks.

Where Are You From? Guelph, ON, Canada

Do You own a car built by Durant? Yes - 1929 Durant 40 and 1927 Star R cabriolet

Re: Valve Tappet Guide Springs

Mac,

Put me down fo one set for my 14L

Rick

Where Are You From? Fremont, CA USA

I have an order in for a couple of sets for Butch and myself.
If anybody thinks they might ever need a set, now's the time to get them. They probably will not be available in the future.

Where Are You From? Texarkana, Tex

Put me down for a set for my W5

Where Are You From? Utah

Do You own a car built by Durant? '29 M4

Sounds like a great deal, I will take a set for my W5.
Thanks

Where Are You From? Utah

Do You own a car built by Durant? 25 Star

Count me in for a set for my W-5!

Where Are You From? Prescott AZ

Do You own a car built by Durant? 25 Star touring

Hi Mac,
Please count me in for a set for my W-5
Thank you,
Don

Where Are You From? Bakersfield,Ca.

Do You own a car built by Durant? Streetable single seat speedster from a 25 Star high school project

Me Too, One set for my W-5

Thanks Mac. Bill

Where Are You From? Leavenworth, WA / Yuma, AZ

Do You own a car built by Durant? '23 A-22 Touring / '29 Model 40 Coupe

I would like a set also for my W5.

Thanks, Gary

Where Are You From? Prineville, Oregon

Do You own a car built by Durant? 1926 Star Touring

Mac: please put me down for set for my 14L.
Great deal. Thanks

Where Are You From? Lansdale, PA

Do You own a car built by Durant? 1927 R Sport Coupe/ 1923 Durant A-22 touring

I can use a set for my 14L-6

Where Are You From? Portland, OR

Do You own a car built by Durant? 60

I need to clarify what springs I am having produced. These are NOT the large VALVE SPRINGS but the small springs that press against the flat side of each of two tappets to reduce the chance of the tappet twisting when it begins to lift.
I have sent this clarification to each of you who has placed an order. Several have cancelled after discovering their error. Several have maintained their order. Several have yet to respond to my private email. If I hope to get these springs made in the near future, I must submit an order before the end of July; so, if you want any, please let me know right away. To date, the number required is far below the six dozen needed for the lower price.
By the way, I, too, am looking for valve springs for both W5 and 14L engines. Please let me know if you have a source for these.

Do You own a car built by Durant? Yes - 1929 Durant 40 and 1927 Star R cabriolet

Mac up my order to three sets seeing I have that many motors

Where Are You From? Utah

Do You own a car built by Durant? '29 M4

Any additional orders for the tappet guide springs should be to me by the end of next week (August 6th) at the latest. I will then be in touch with individuals concerning probable delivery time and final price.

Thank you.

The Durant Motors Automobile Club