Durant Motors Internet Forum

Our Purpose

Preserve the automobiles manufactured by the Durant Motor Company, provide enjoyment for each member with meets, tours & technical assistance.

This forum is provided by the Durant Motors Automobile Club located at durantmotors.org

How to Add Pictures             Rocky

General Discussion Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
King pins

I am looking to replace the king pins and bushings on my D75. King pin diameter is 0.874" dia x 5.25" long with the locking slot centered on the length. The bushings are 1.0" outside dia x 1.25" long with a spiral grease groove. Does anyone know where I could purchase these items? Or does anyone have a kit number or one that would cross over to fit the bill? Thanks in advance for your help.

Where Are You From? Hyattsville Md

Re: King pins

i would check "egge machine co."
or kantor auto parts....gary k

Where Are You From? penna

Do You own a car built by Durant? 1931 DURANT 6-14 COACH, 1925 STAR ROADSTER

Re: King pins

Gary k
i would check "egge machine co."
or kantor auto parts....gary k

As a follow-up, I tried egge machine but struck out. I checked a few other sources but came up with dead ends. Auto part stores have information on the sizes of king pins but limited specs on the bushings. What have others done when they have been in the same situation?

I ended up making a bushing drive tool and pressed out the old bushings, line honed the bushing bores to make them straight and of one common size. I purchased some bearing bronze and machined my own bushings, duplicating what was there. I purchased some 0.876" ground stock (0.002" larger than original) for the pins which allowed me to hone and true up the solid axle king pin bores. I also purchased four 1.0" freeze plugs to end cap the king pins like before. I have it back together, primed, and the first coat of paint on it.

Where Are You From? Hyattsville Md

Do You own a car built by Durant? Yes

The Durant Motors Automobile Club