Durant Motors Internet Forum

Our Purpose

Preserve the automobiles manufactured by the Durant Motor Company, provide enjoyment for each member with meets, tours & technical assistance.

This forum is provided by the Durant Motors Automobile Club located at durantmotors.org

How to Add Pictures             Rocky

General Discussion Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Transporting Antique Car / Durant Motor & Parts

Hello everyone...I am Odus Raymer's daughter, Wendy. Dad has his 1931 Durant in the albums at this website. Many of you know him from past years.

Dad is 90 now and he lives with us in Oklahoma.
He wants to bring his Durant from Indiana to Oklahoma soon.
I thought this would be a great place to find out which company is the best one to go with for transporting antique cars.
Any help and advice is appreciated.

Dad still has a few Durant parts and a Star 1924? 4 cylinder motor that still turns freely. He also has rear axle that goes with the motor. Where is the best place to let collectors know that?

Where Are You From? Broken Arrow, OK

Do You own a car built by Durant? My Dad does

Re: Transporting Antique Car / Durant Motor & Parts

Hello Wendy
I know I mentioned trying a post on the webpage.

Can anyone recommend a transit company to move a running Durant from Indiana to OK?

thanks Bob

Where Are You From? tucson

Do You own a car built by Durant? a-22,b-22,633

Hi Wendy

In your message you had mention some Durant part. I am interested. Could you let me know what they may be for I am restore a Durant.

Thank You

Vince

Where Are You From? Kenora, NW Ontario

Do You own a car built by Durant? 29 coupe D40 Durant

Premier Auto Carriers
Newbury Park, CA
805-480-3701
I used these people to haul a 1910 Model T from Illinois to California. They did everything as promised. I would use them again.

Where Are You From? North of San Francisco

Do You own a car built by Durant? 1925 Star

Hi Vince,
I am so sorry I didn't get back to you before now. I am always busy with Dad and things go by the wayside.
However, I am not all sure what he does have. We will be in Indiana the 4th week of this month and I will be able to actually take photos of the parts and send them to you. Email me at pookababe@cox.net and then I will be able to send those photos and a description with Dad's help.
Thanks and again sorry for being slow to answer.
Wendy

Where Are You From? Broken Arrow, OK

Do You own a car built by Durant? My Dad does

All Ways Auto Transport of Romeoville, Il, is fetching my coupe from Arizona to Kentucky.
Find them at 815-676-4853

Where Are You From? Prospect, KY

Do You own a car built by Durant? '30 Durant rumble-seat coupe

The Durant Motors Automobile Club