Durant Motors Internet Forum

Our Purpose

Preserve the automobiles manufactured by the Durant Motor Company, provide enjoyment for each member with meets, tours & technical assistance.

This forum is provided by the Durant Motors Automobile Club located at durantmotors.org

How to Add Pictures             Rocky

General Discussion Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
escutcheons

Does anybody have a pic of the proper escutcheons for a 30 614 deluxe, mine are all mismatched
Rory

Where Are You From? Salem, Va

Do You own a car built by Durant? 30 614 deluxe

Re: escutcheons

I used to have a pic on a floppy but it won't open but kept a paper copy luckily. The backing plates for 30 and 31 are 8 sided. Hope this helps.

Photobucket

Where Are You From? Ottawa Ont

Do You own a car built by Durant? 1932 614 sedan

Thank you
That means I am only needing to find a few. I have 1 that matches your pic.
Rory

Where Are You From? Salem, Va

Do You own a car built by Durant? 30 614 Deluxe

That pic was off ebay about 3 yrs ago. You may need to find spear handles of different sizes as well for the interior. Small crank ones over front window and both rear back side windows and larger same style for the 4 door windows. And of course spear door interior handles as well. Durant went nuts with the spear (or V) items on the 30 and 31 and a few carried on to our 32's. (rad cap, crank hole cover and fender light feet)
There were also the rope pulls that hang both sides in the back to assist passengers getting in and out, which also have the spear (V) motif, on ebay about 2 yrs ago for 30 / 31.

I used to own a 1930 "Special Sedan" in the 60 / 70's, which was half way between standard and deluxe. It had the two rad spears as well in the form of a V. (should say it still does with its owner)

Wish I could reach back in time and get you the backing plates. I had a pile of extra backing plates, handles, dash pulls off Durants we demolished for parts. That sounds bad to destroy cars now but there were lots of 30 Durant's in the 60's in fields and wrecking yards up our neck of the woods. Stars / Durant's were like falling over Ford T's everywhere.

Where Are You From? Ottawa Ont

Do You own a car built by Durant? 1932 614 sedan

The Durant Motors Automobile Club