Durant Motors Internet Forum

Our Purpose

Preserve the automobiles manufactured by the Durant Motor Company, provide enjoyment for each member with meets, tours & technical assistance.

This forum is provided by the Durant Motors Automobile Club located at durantmotors.org

How to Add Pictures             Rocky

General Discussion Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Durant model 619 in the Netherlands

Here is a picture of what appears to me as a model 619. The picture was taken somewhere in the Netherlands years ago. I don't know how I came to have this picture or just how many years it has in buried in the computer. But it is a nice discovery.

What do you think?

Re: Durant model 619 in the Netherlands

Rick .. think you'll find its one of our 1932 618's.

Check the bumper. Both ends are open and diamond shaped bumper medallions not used on 619. Your cars didn't use those parts. US bumpers are wrap around without the openings and no diamond's. Check in photo section under both Wayne and Charlie's 619 and then the 618. For some reason Dominion Motors used different bumpers, bumper medallions, handles and headlights than the US 619 for our 614 / 618. My bumpers etc are same as 618. Headlight lenses are constantly on ebay and used Canadian Durant / Fronty only, depress beam 11471. Durant Motors uses a slightly larger lense. 11471 is used on a pile of different vehicles but not Durant Motors. Frontenac has a dropped center bumper and different handles. Nothing uniform in our cars ... sigh

I need two of those medallions for the rear of mine and left bumperette someone cut in half. I think Jack is having the medallions made for his 1932 614 coup.

Where Are You From? Ottawa Ont

Do You own a car built by Durant? 1932 614 sedan

Thanks for the info Norm.I'm always excited to discover another Durant.

Rick

What's your guess on the wheel size 18's or 19's ?? Both were used on the 618 and 31 Frontenac, 19's 614 only. However 1931 are 4.75 / 5.00 x 19 and 32 is 5.25 / 5.50 x 19's (or 18's like Gords 670).
I was talking to a fellow at a tire shop and he said his books say only the 1932 Durant's have the bigger size and 30 / 31 have the smaller or standard size. Some of the lads put the bigger tires on the 30's anyway. Makes the car look Gestapo and I should have guys with guns standing on the running boards.

Norm,by looking at it, I'd guess 18" wheels. The smaller size wheel would give a softer ride. But I have never seen a real 618 other than pictures.

Rick

Gord tells me he drove the 618 now in Switzerland, in the photo's section. I can't remember for sure, but I think Gord said it has the longer wheel base, and was a real treat to drive.

We have two 618's in our group here in Guelph. They have a 115" wheelbase.
I did drive the 618 that is in Switzerland. It was restored by "Greer Restorations" of Cobourg, Ontario. and was owned by Dale Synott of Stayner, Ontario. It was a real treat to drive.
I have seen that picture from the Netherlands, but I don't remember where I saw it.

Gord.

Where Are You From? Guelph, Ontario

Do You own a car built by Durant? 1932 Frontenac

The Durant Motors Automobile Club