Durant Motors Internet Forum

Our Purpose

Preserve the automobiles manufactured by the Durant Motor Company, provide enjoyment for each member with meets, tours & technical assistance.

This forum is provided by the Durant Motors Automobile Club located at durantmotors.org

How to Add Pictures             Rocky

General Discussion Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Getting Sidetracked to Get Started Again

Have you ever worked yourself into a situation where you had to do several other things to finish the first?
Well, I bought a Norton surface grinder at auction and I had no way to get it off my trailer. So, I found a 1971 Toyota 4000 lb. forklift in Houston for 400.00 that "only" needed a new cam gear.
Rented a tilt bed trailer to haul it, and borrowed a 3/4T GMC diesel to pull it. Another 260.00 spent.
Got it home and found the previous owners had bought a new carb, fuel pump, and starter to try to get the engine cranked. (before they found the broken cam gear). Not real bright lights shinning in that garage! With that in mind. I decided to dismantle the engine to check for other damage.
All said and done, I am re-building the engine for about a grand and am still sitting pretty good if nothing else major craps out. I've always needed a forklift around here anyway, and this one has pressure tires, which will work well on the dry dirt. It will also come in handy setting the Star bodies on the frames.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Where Are You From? Texarkana, Tex

Do You own a car built by Durant? 1923 Star C touring, 1927 Star M coupe

The Durant Motors Automobile Club