Durant Motors Internet Forum

Our Purpose

Preserve the automobiles manufactured by the Durant Motor Company, provide enjoyment for each member with meets, tours & technical assistance.

This forum is provided by the Durant Motors Automobile Club located at durantmotors.org

How to Add Pictures             Rocky

General Discussion Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Free delivery of parts

I will be leaving here on wed the 14th . Have room to haul parts if anyone needs them . I am driving a 1 ton chev so have lots of room. As long as its not to far off my route I would be happy to pick up and deliver to Dayton . Heading to Spokane -then east on I 90 dropping down to St Joseph Mo --then north to sperry Iowa Then East again to Dayton
Free delivery is a good thing--
Ken

Where Are You From? Kamloops B C Canada

Do You own a car built by Durant? 1930 Durant model 614 deluxe rumble seat coupe

Re: Free delivery of parts

Yes it is Ken .. so stop by here and bring me Dorothy parts . Your old 30 coupe will do, ha ha.

Good news I think I have a new gas tank being made for Dot presently and using her existing fittings. Long story but same welding lad who said he could make me one Feb 2009 and same price. The story I was told he was out of business etc etc was incorrect and he was not amused when I told him. He bought the business off his father 16 yrs ago and its still a going concern. Was presently fabricating a frame for some hot rod and other welding projects. As he said that nonsense rumor hurts his business.
I made the mistake of allowing a fellow near me try to patch the hole on top and he made one mess of it. Advertised in Craigslist he did welding. Looked like the ocean with buckling and more holes. Told me I could JB Weld the entire area to fill all the holes in. I think not.

Where Are You From? Ottawa Ont

Do You own a car built by Durant? 1932 614 sedan

The Durant Motors Automobile Club