Durant Motors Internet Forum

Our Purpose

Preserve the automobiles manufactured by the Durant Motor Company, provide enjoyment for each member with meets, tours & technical assistance.

This forum is provided by the Durant Motors Automobile Club located at durantmotors.org

How to Add Pictures             Rocky

General Discussion Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
The remains of a Star Car

I don't know if anybody cares but when I was a teenager living out side of O'Neil, Nebraska I discovered an old car rotting away in the woods on my grandfathers farm. The wood frame members were pretty much gone and so was the engine,the block later discovered in it's new life as a fence post anchor at a gate. Anyway I took the name plate off the fire wall that provdes the following information: Star Car Model M Car No: 405825 Durant Motor Co. of Michigan I was really interested in cars then and was sad to see this little car end it's existance so ignobly. I was wondering if there is a registry some where to account for these cars? Could anybody tell me anything about this car? Thanks, Jim

Where Are You From? Snohomish Washington

Do You own a car built by Durant? no

Re: The remains of a Star Car

Not into Stars myself but you can check this site for the 1927 Star you mention. Terry did keep up the registration of "existing" cars until about Dec 2006. My 32 might be the last one he registered. This DMAC site has serial number lists but so does Terry's site. I believe your # starts with an L for Lansing Michigan. There might also be a photo of a members Star under Photographs in DMAC, that looked like the car you found.

http://www.durantcars.com/catalogs/star/27mM.shtml

Where Are You From? Ottawa Ont

Do You own a car built by Durant? 1932 614 sedan

The Durant Motors Automobile Club