Durant Motors Internet Forum

Our Purpose

Preserve the automobiles manufactured by the Durant Motor Company, provide enjoyment for each member with meets, tours & technical assistance.

This forum is provided by the Durant Motors Automobile Club located at durantmotors.org

How to Add Pictures             Rocky

General Discussion Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
1929 D40 complete axles, brakes, rims, wheels etc..

I am replacing both front and back axles. As far as I can tell they are both complete including brakes, streering and all connecting rods.

I also have 6 wood 19 wheels. 4 are on the car, with tires and rims and caps. 2 rims are in need of rebuild with out rings.

I would like to $375 for everything to pay for new spring.

The rims are still on the car but will be coming off in the next week. I can forward pics this weekend.
Brian
bmykytuik@hotmail.com

Where Are You From? Hamilton, ontario

Do You own a car built by Durant? 1929 model 40

Re: 1929 D40 complete axles, brakes, rims, wheels etc..

WHAT ARE YOU REPLACING THEM WITH?....ARE YOU GOING TO HYDRAULICS.....OR HOT ROD MUSTANG FRONT END STUFF??? JUST CURIOUS....GARY K

Where Are You From? penna

unfortunately I didn't get the car complete. I have spent the last year trying to figure out where to go with it. Since I have kids safety becomes a priority.
So my plan is to keep the car looking original to the vast majority of people.
I've sold or given most of the parts to restorers.

Off topic but I am running a 36 chevy axles so I can use modern rims and tire sizes.

Where Are You From? Hamilton, ontario

Do You own a car built by Durant? 1929 model 40

1953-54 CHEVY PICK UP AXLE WILL BOLT ON FRONT SPRINGS AS IS AND GIVE YOU HYDRAULIC BRAKES UP FRONT.....EASY TO ADAPT PITMAN ARM TO COLUMN....SAME TRUCK REAR AXLES SHOULD BE EASY TO ADD...THEY ARE OPEN DRIVELINE....YOU CAN USE 6 BOLT WIRE WHEELS FROM EARLY 1930-35 CHEVY THEN...

LANCE PUT A FORD FALCON 6 CYL AUTO C-4 IN A DURANT....
ITS SMALLER THAN CHEVY AND FITS NICE IF YOU MOUNT IT A BIT DOWN AND REARWARD...TO CLEAR TRANS....

Where Are You From? penna

Hi,

I was wondering if you still had the parts you listed above. Iam very interested. The car that I have, requires the front brake system,Linkages etc. Also do you/or would it be possible to see pictures of those items in question.

Thsnk you

Vince

P.S. I am looking for other part as well

Where Are You From? Kenora, NW Ontario

Do You own a car built by Durant? 29 coupe D40 Durant

Hi Brian, do you still have the wheels? I am in need of an extra one. Tks, Phil

Where Are You From? Portland, OR

Do You own a car built by Durant? 1929 Model 60

The Durant Motors Automobile Club