Durant Motors Internet Forum

Our Purpose

Preserve the automobiles manufactured by the Durant Motor Company, provide enjoyment for each member with meets, tours & technical assistance.

This forum is provided by the Durant Motors Automobile Club located at durantmotors.org

How to Add Pictures             Rocky

General Discussion Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
A22 Hayes Durant wire wheel hub cap and hood mechanism details - 4 door open tourer body

Would anyone know where I could procure a good Hayes Durant wire wheel hubcap for A22 Durant? I am missing one of the four.

I have procured a low mileage Durant that had sat underneath a house for 60 years. It has a really good body and easy restoration.

Car is powder light blue with twin body top pinstripe lines in blue and black with black mudguards - is this the original colour scheme? So far I have seen blue, green (Khaki), grey, maroon coloured A22 cars. Does anyone know the range of colour schemes for these A22 models? Also any information on upholstery arrangement would be helpful - a photo of original arrangement would help.

The hood mechanism has suffered weather badly as was stored outside. Could anyone take a photo of a Durant tourer hood mechanism for me so that I can work out whether all the parts for the original hood mechanism are here? I believe I have inherited a couple of "foreigner" hood mechanism pieces as well, hence request to help sort the rust pile out. I have the four hood bows; they fit into conical steel tube sections which are riveted to cast brackets. the front clamps and rear hood iron holders are all present and in good condition on the body. I believe I may be missing the sections that run between front windscreen bow and the second bow; but can not work the items out without consultation with another A22 owner.

Thanking any assistance that anyone can offer for cap, colours, upholstery style and hood mechanism information,

Regards,
Bruce in Oz.

Where Are You From? Melbourne, Australia

Do You own a car built by Durant? Several A22 Durant cars

The Durant Motors Automobile Club