Durant Motors Internet Forum

Our Purpose

Preserve the automobiles manufactured by the Durant Motor Company, provide enjoyment for each member with meets, tours & technical assistance.

This forum is provided by the Durant Motors Automobile Club located at durantmotors.org

How to Add Pictures             Rocky

General Discussion Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
DeVaux Police Car ???

Hi All...

OK all you DeVaux owners out there.

This picture showed up on the AACA forum recently. It was identified as a DeVaux Police car.

What do you think?

Photobucket

Frank ---

Where Are You From? Hookstown, Pennsylvania

Do You own a car built by Durant? 16 Durant & Star cars and a Durant-Dort buggy (one horse power)

Re: DeVaux Police Car ???

Ha, ha, ha. A trick question! Well, I'm no expert on DeVaux cars but I'm certain that this car is NOT a DeVaux. My guess is that it could be either a Pontiac or late model Oakland, likely late 1920s but I can't tell the year.

Steve Compton

Where Are You From? Niagara Region, Ontario, Canada

Do You own a car built by Durant? My father's first car, a 1927 Star Four Sport Touring Model M

The car behind may be a 32-33 REO, or possibly a Graham. (Design by same guy) It looks like the subject car has sealed beam inserts, or nothing but a shell. Looks pretty beat. Maybe this is a parade line-up from the late 40's? Street car tracks could be freshly paved over. Jackson Storage building. Comparos? sledding? Any idea what city?
The truck looks nicely shined up, but has to be about a 1930 vintage. Something like the truck Humphrey Bogart drove in "They Drive by Night".

Do You own a car built by Durant? yes

Hi:

No, not a DeVaux. Go to the photographs section and see the pics of the car I completed. The DeVaux grill shell has to be totally chromed and then painted over leaving only the leading edge

The DeVaux was sold to some police departments I am told because of the stability of the Hall engine.

There is a good picture of Myron Cummings newest conpletion that was taken at Fall Hershey. Go to www.americandreamcars.com. Go to "car show pictures" and then to Fall Hershey. The wood wheels were actually standard for the DeVaux. Wire wheels were a extra $5.00. I believe most cars went out the door with the $5.00 extra wires.
Gary

Where Are You From? Washington State

Do You own a car built by Durant? Yes

Hi All....

THANKS Guys !!

I didn't think it was a DeVaux.

I replied to the posting on the AACA site. Also referred to this posting for more info.

See Y'all in Dayton....

Frank ---

Where Are You From? Hookstown, Pennsylvania

Do You own a car built by Durant? 16 Durant & Star cars and a Durant-Dort buggy (one horse power)

The Durant Motors Automobile Club