Durant Motors Internet Forum

Our Purpose

Preserve the automobiles manufactured by the Durant Motor Company, provide enjoyment for each member with meets, tours & technical assistance.

This forum is provided by the Durant Motors Automobile Club located at durantmotors.org

How to Add Pictures             Rocky

General Discussion Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Pictures and Data Request; Locomobile

Gary, et All,
Great project! I have been collecting this type of data on the Durant era Locomobiles (Mostly alone!) since I got 3+ Tons of parts (mixed-up) with my Locomobile Junior 8's bought previouly (2008). Still sorting and identifying parts myself.

There are Big differences between the 1925 and 1926 Loco Junior-8's in Trim, Lights, Handles, Hood Hold-downs, Bumpers, etc. that I have noticed, but little info published or available. I have also been developing a listing (Register) of all Loco Junior-8 and 8-70 model owners with the car Serial Numbers, Eng numbers, and Casting dates. Locations and historical info. HOWEVER I have been reluctant to publish this Info because of "Issues Raised" concerning Privacy, Theft, etc. by some individuals in the Locomobile community! I have been Cautioned!

Also Many of these people appear to Not have joined the club. That being said I have only found about Twelve 1925/26 Loco Junior-8 models worldwide (I owning 4 in various conditions)! Also much fewer 1928 Loco 8-70 models found (ie.Two others I know about). With few cars; not any parts out there, and very little interest.

Finally the Locomobile Society in Calif. and other Antique/ Classic clubs are more concerned with the Senior "Classic" Loco model 48's (and earlier Teen/Pre-Teen year models) and have disdained our efforts to get data or even recognize the Durant era models! They feel Locos stopped being "worthy" at about 1920! Sorry for the rant,All very frustrating.

I will put together my info and start forwarding pictures and data soon. Also will bring some to Dayton mext Month!
Lance C.

Where Are You From? Niceville Florida

Do You own a car built by Durant? 25 Locomobile JR-8 Brougham, 25 Loco JR-8 Sedan, 26 Loco JR-8 Roadster project, 30 Durant 610 Deluxe Sedan

Re: Pictures and Data Request; Locomobile

everything you learn is always interesting to us....keep on learning and sharing...we value your efforts...regards, gary k

Where Are You From? penna

Re: Pictures and Data Request; Locomobile

Lance
I guess to the real Locomobile enthusiast all was lost when Durant bought out the company. How dare a common car production man attempt to turn out such a fine car. But if it wasn't for Billy the car would have gone into receivership and disappeared much earlier than it did. No doubt that Locomobile was a fine car, all the movie stars had them, but from what I've seen the cars that were produced after Billy bought the plant were just as fine. Seems a bit snobby to me!

Where Are You From? Oviedo (near Orlando) Florida

Do You own a car built by Durant? 1928 Durant Model 65 4 dr

The Durant Motors Automobile Club