Durant Motors Internet Forum

Our Purpose

Preserve the automobiles manufactured by the Durant Motor Company, provide enjoyment for each member with meets, tours & technical assistance.

This forum is provided by the Durant Motors Automobile Club located at durantmotors.org

How to Add Pictures             Rocky

General Discussion Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
need studs for wire wheels

I am looking for studs for wire wheels 5 left hand studs and 10 leftnuts and 10 right nuts also looking for caps to fit on wire wheels can be plain or have the D on them any condition Does anyone know of any one who can make them I have found them on the durant site but they are the wrong emblam any help greatly accepted

Where Are You From? Australia

Do You own a car built by Durant? 1929 D60 tourer

Re: need studs for wire wheels

Terry,
Studs and nuts are readily available in the Antique Chevy and Ford (Models A and T) parts places.

To eliminate a large Headache consider installing "Right-hand" studs and nuts on the Left side. If you are not a stickler on this detail, no one will know but you (and much easier to live with)!

Hope this helps you,
Lance C.

Where Are You From? Niceville Florida

Do You own a car built by Durant? 25 Locomobile JR-8 Brougham, 25 Loco JR-8 Sedan, 26 Loco JR-8 Roadster project, 30 Durant 610 Deluxe Sedan

Re: need studs for wire wheels

Terry
I got studs fron Napa auto parts--just bring in one of the ones you need and they can get them for you Either right or left thread . Same holds true for nuts --
Ken

Where Are You From? Kamloops B C Canada

Do You own a car built by Durant? 1930 Durant -model 614- Deluxe ru,mble seat coupe

The Durant Motors Automobile Club