Durant Motors Internet Forum

Our Purpose

Preserve the automobiles manufactured by the Durant Motor Company, provide enjoyment for each member with meets, tours & technical assistance.

This forum is provided by the Durant Motors Automobile Club located at durantmotors.org

How to Add Pictures             Rocky

General Discussion Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Wheel Puller

What has everybody else used to pull the wheels off the 28-29 cars? I purchased a Model T wheel puller thinking it would fit, but it does not. Anybody have one that works on our cars that they want to sell or any suggestions?

Where Are You From? Oviedo (near Orlando) Florida

Do You own a car built by Durant? 1928 Durant Model 65 4 dr

Re: Wheel Puller

in the days past...some people put one wheel down and the other up and with a nut on the one wheel...struck the wheel on the nut and caused the wheel on the ground to move off the tapired axle...when the raised wheel travelled from the hit.....what is the diameter of your hub threads to see if i have a loaner for you.....regards, gary k

Where Are You From? penna

hey mike....see the whel puller on ebay star lists.....that is what you hit with the hammer
regards, gary k

Where Are You From? penna

Mike.
What size is your inside thread measurement of your hub cap? I had Kenyon make me the pro type screw on the hub positive puller for about $100.00 bucks and he made a extra one at that time. So he has another one for sale. I'll be glad to box it up for you and ship it down. Kenyon is pretty close to my place. Let me know. I have the senior size wood wheel hub caps that measure about 2& 5/8ths inside on the treads. I can forward some pictures if you like. I would not use the screw nut on the end of the axle shaft that you pound real hard on. You can actually bend the treaded area not to mention do some real damage to the rear end.
Lance Haynes

Where Are You From? San Diego

Do You own a car built by Durant? Many

Lance
I'll go measure the hub cap opening this weekend and get back to you.

Where Are You From? Oviedo (near Orlando) Florida

Do You own a car built by Durant? 1928 Durant Model 65 4 dr

Mike,

If Lances puller doesn't work out George McMurtry Affiliated with the WOKR Club makes an excellant puller, he machines his pullers out of a solid chunk of steel then mills a slot and has a clamp bolt for the threadeds also mills a collar nut for assembly, top of the line puller for any size thread and 110.00 bucks #308-586-1930 or gmcmurtry@embarqmail.com

Here is a scan of his puller , don't know how well it will show....Bill

Photobucket

Where Are You From? Yuma, AZ / Leavenworth, WA

Do You own a car built by Durant? '23 A-22 Touring / '29 Model 40 / 28 M-4

The Durant Motors Automobile Club