Durant Motors Internet Forum

Our Purpose

Preserve the automobiles manufactured by the Durant Motor Company, provide enjoyment for each member with meets, tours & technical assistance.

This forum is provided by the Durant Motors Automobile Club located at durantmotors.org

How to Add Pictures             Rocky

General Discussion Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Durant wheels for sale

Got a phone call from a chap who has two Durant wooden spoked wheels for sale. Tire size 500-19" Wheels are on a narrowed axle, and have brake drums etc. Not sure if anything inside drums.
Located Caledon, Ont ( Just north of Toronto)
Phone Frank 519 927 3465

Where Are You From? Guelph, Ontario

Do You own a car built by Durant? 1932 Frontenac

Re: Durant wheels for sale

Gordon,
Can you or someone else up there in Ontario, call the seller or take a look at them to check condition and see what they would fit? Maybe they could be brought down to the Spring meet (if possible)?.

I know this is a lot to ask, but I may be interested if they are useable. Thanks.
Lance C.

Where Are You From? Niceville Florida

Do You own a car built by Durant? 25 Locomobile JR-8 Brougham, 25 Loco JR-8 Sedan, 26 Loco JR-8 Roadster project, 30 Durant 610 Deluxe Sedan

Lance, they could 28 / 29 wheels and won't fit your 30. This sounds familiar like I have heard of this axle before about a yr or so back. Someone from Caledon had one on Ebay. Its about 30 - 40 miles from Guelph.

Where Are You From? Ottawa Ont

Do You own a car built by Durant? 1932 614 sedan

Norm:
I think that they are the same ones. The axle & wheels had been used on a water pump. The chap says they are good wheels and so they may be. However, I believe they are 28 - 29 wheels.
Gord

Where Are You From? Guelph, Ontario

Do You own a car built by Durant? 1932 Frontenac

The Durant Motors Automobile Club