Durant Motors Internet Forum

Our Purpose

Preserve the automobiles manufactured by the Durant Motor Company, provide enjoyment for each member with meets, tours & technical assistance.

This forum is provided by the Durant Motors Automobile Club located at durantmotors.org

How to Add Pictures             Rocky

General Discussion Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
$100,000.00 Star one of 5 left?

OK Durantonians check out the 1926 or 1923 Star one of five left for $100,000.00 on Ebay. Think he'll get any bids on this one?

Where Are You From? Oviedo (near Orlando) Florida

Do You own a car built by Durant? 1928 Durant Model 65 4 dr

Re: $100,000.00 Star one of 5 left?

hello friends, the real question is how many coupsters do we know of?????
seems every star you find is a coupster.....
If you have a coupster....log in here....
regards, gary k

Where Are You From? penna

I hope he gets it---Makes my car worth about a million --hahahaha. Some guys are always going to be right out to lunch.
Ken

Where Are You From? Kamloops B C Canada

Do You own a car built by Durant? 1930 durant-model 614 Deuxe rumble seat coupe

Thanks Mike, I needed a good chuckle to start the day of with.

Rick

Where Are You From? Fremont, California

I'm glad you got a chuckle Rick, I did too. Now everybody the economy is real bad everyone says so here is the next wave of investments. Go out and buy stock in Durant and Star and lets gather up all the Stars & Durants and Flints to Jim and we can all retire right? Just a tip you know it's the next Dusenberg. But then again don't we all love these cars so much we wouldn't take a million dollars for them. Hmmmm.

Where Are You From? Oviedo (near Orlando) Florida

Do You own a car built by Durant? 1928 Durant Model 65 4 dr

Come on guys. It's not as expensive as you think. After all, the buyer gets "FREE SHIPPING". I would bid on it, but I've got my eye on a TUCKER and a couple of gull winged MERCEDES. By the way, I would be willing to sell my DEVAUX for $99,999.99.
P.S. I will give free shipping to the buyer.

Dennis

Where Are You From? Jacksonville, FL

Do You own a car built by Durant? 1931 Devaux Sports Sedan

Hey guys,,, Maybe it's not such a bad price after all. I remember seeing an ad for the W5 "Million Dollar Motor".
Anyways, I talked to the owner last night. It seems he found the car in an Arizona desert a few years ago and never got around to putting it all together. His sons urged him to put the car up for sale so its now on ebay.
We talked for quite awhile and I get the impression he has never worked in the old car community.
Apparently, he thinks he has a Roadster but really has the remains of a '26 M Coupster, from the description of the doors.
I told him he probably had a project worth between 600- 1200 dollars depending the condition of the parts. He vowed to leave it under a tree and let it rot down if that is all he could get for it.
I told him, Look, I don't need your car, I've got plenty of projects of my own, but its only worth what its worth. I'm still not sure how he has determined the rarity of the car. He did seem surprised when I told him I was re-manufacturing two on them in Texarkana and invited him down here to see the work in progress.
Maybe Butch and I can ease up his way in May and look it over. I doubt if its going away anytime soon!!!

Where Are You From? Texarkana, Tex

Gee with sole surviving Dominion Motors 1932 614 sedan what can I get for mine ? More than a $100,000 then for 5 Star left Hey Ken we can sell ours and buy a fully restored one.

Where Are You From? Ottawa Ont

Do You own a car built by Durant? 1932 614 sedan

sir...
i hear you have a rare old durant car...i am looking for a good deal...i have one million yen to spend....are you interested?????
thank you, your nephew, gary
p.s. one million yen is about $10,000 in japan

Dear Unc Gary .. guess you will just have to "yen" then. Ya'll have your hands full with that poor old D holding up what's left of the carport protecting the other scrap metal newer ones. Seems typical the matriarch of the family protects the rest of the children.

The only thing I can say for people who have such big dollar signs in front of their eyes, is to laugh.
They are entertaining and give us a chuckle or two. OK this guy gave more than a couple of chuckles.
You know, there are 300 million people in the USA and over 33 million in Canada and I’ll bet money
there isn’t one in all of North America that would give anywhere near what that guy is dreaming about.
I think Don is right $1200 on a good day. But if he does, heck I’ve got some spare parts I’ll let go cheap, just $10,000.

Where Are You From? Fremont, California

Rick,
Right you are. I run ito this a lot with the Locomobiles and a few of my 60's muscle cars. Some people watch too much of the Barrett-Jackson circus!

Now Rick if I could just get every person in the US (300 Mil) and everone in Canada (33 mil) to just give me a Dollar! I would get my old cars done in no time. Hee,Hee.

If you read this E-mail just send One Dollar to the E-mail address below!! Feel free to Spam it, or pass it on to 10 of your friends and have them pass it to 10 of their friends. Norm I'm counting on you!

Thanks in advance.
Lance C.

Where Are You From? Niceville Florida

Do You own a car built by Durant? 25 Locomobile JR-8 Brougham, 25 Loco JR-8 Sedan, 26 Loco JR-8 Roadster project, 30 Durant 610 Deluxe Sedan

hey men, normie is insightful...the durant definitely took them hit for the pontiac and allard...nice way to look at it normie..."you da' man""
luv, gary

Lance ... think you have already set the wheels in motion about "spreading it". PHD as well (piled higher and deeper). Would that be the US dollar or our loony Loonie ? I prefer my name sake the Toonie but I don't get royalties from the use of it.

The Durant Motors Automobile Club