Durant Motors Internet Forum

Our Purpose

Preserve the automobiles manufactured by the Durant Motor Company, provide enjoyment for each member with meets, tours & technical assistance.

This forum is provided by the Durant Motors Automobile Club located at durantmotors.org

How to Add Pictures             Rocky

General Discussion Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Rare 32 Custom Coupe for sale

Hi All:
Craigs list in Boise, Id. has this car posted. Owner is asking 28K for it. Good pictures are shown on the posting. A shortcut to find it would be to Goggle: 1932 DeVaux Coupe.

This is the only known example of the 32 Custom Coupe that is known to exist. I found out about this car almost 3 years ago but could not re-connect with the owner. I knew it was somewhere East of Baker, Oregon.

In 32 the custom models had 17 " wheels. As you can see, the 32 used a different body than the 31. Note the slanted windshield.

So, in 32 we have the custom convert (3 known) and now the 32 Custom coupe (1 known). There are at least 2 standard coupes and I think only 2 standard sedans and 2 Custom sedans.

Frank...you are the only one that can handle this. Save it for the club!!
Gary

Last week there was a 1931 sedan that was on Craigs list in Eastern Washington. It was sold in an estate sale and went for 6K. That makes 7 31's in Washington State.

Where Are You From? Washington State

Do You own a car built by Durant? Yes

Re: Rare 32 Custom Coupe for sale

Gary Looks like a neat project. I wonder what else has been done on this aborted "street rod" looking project. What do you think is going on with the price? Since there is no rear deck lid I can see there is no gold back there,maybe something else would justify asking $28,000.00? Ross

Where Are You From? Orygun

Do You own a car built by Durant? 1930 6-14

Re: Rare 32 Custom Coupe for sale

Google has this ..

1932 DE VAUX SPORTS COUPE1932 DE VAUX SPORTS COUPE $14000 THIS IS A VERY RARE CAR. ALL NUMBERED CAR, EVERYTHING IS THERE BUT THE TRUNK LID, CAR IS COMPLETLY RESTORABLE, IN EXCELLENT ...
boise.craigslist.org/cto/1556859452.html

Not there now and you get ...

This posting has expired.
The title on the listings page will be removed in just a few minutes

Where Are You From? Ottawa Ont

Do You own a car built by Durant? 1932 614 sedan

The Durant Motors Automobile Club