Durant Motors Internet Forum

Our Purpose

Preserve the automobiles manufactured by the Durant Motor Company, provide enjoyment for each member with meets, tours & technical assistance.

This forum is provided by the Durant Motors Automobile Club located at durantmotors.org

How to Add Pictures             Rocky

General Discussion Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
gas tank

Does any one have a good 22A touring gas tank for sale or know where I can get one made.

Where Are You From? ottawa ontario canada

Do You own a car built by Durant? yes 1922 22A touring

Re: gas tank

Vernon
Any good tin shop (sheet metal shop) can make one for you if you have the old one for a pattern. I had one made and it is a very nice job. Only thing I would advise is that you get a firm price before you let them do it. Take all the removable parts off before you give it to them .
Ken

Where Are You From? Kamloops B C Canada

Do You own a car built by Durant? 1930 durant model 614-deluxe rumble seat coupe

Ah ha Vern ... see we are still trying to find anyone in Eastern Ont that now even touches tanks let alone make us one. Was wondering how you were doing with the 22. Joe suggested a Co in Gatineau Que but then backtracked as not reliable like the one you had that turned the tank into lace.

Where Are You From? Ottawa Ont

Do You own a car built by Durant? 1932 614 sedan

I dropped the tank off to have a new one made with someone I have faith in. Hope is done when I get back from Florida and can get on to other things.

Thanks for support.
Vern

Where Are You From? ottawa ontario canada

Do You own a car built by Durant? yes 1922 22A touring

Let me know how you make out with the tank, Vern. Mines still standing beside the car.

Where Are You From? Ottawa Ont

Do You own a car built by Durant? 1932 614 sedan

The Durant Motors Automobile Club