Durant Motors Internet Forum

Our Purpose

Preserve the automobiles manufactured by the Durant Motor Company, provide enjoyment for each member with meets, tours & technical assistance.

This forum is provided by the Durant Motors Automobile Club located at durantmotors.org

How to Add Pictures             Rocky

General Discussion Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Front Wood Wheel Hub

I am in need of a good used from wood wheel hub for a 1929 Model 60. I have a spare wheel that I am redoing but the threads on the hub are damaged beyond repair. If you have an extra, give me a call-503.244.1608

Where Are You From? Portland, OR

Do You own a car built by Durant? 1929 Model 60

Re: Front Wood Wheel Hub

Phil,
Those hubs should be laying around everywhere. If you can't get one close to you I have several on hand.
The part no. 20022 is listed for M. M2, M4, 40, R, 55, and 60.
The Star C and F models used a slightly different style but otherwise were completely interchangeable.
All used the same bearings and races.

Would the wood wheels from a 30 standard coupe be the same ?? If so I have a few that you could have very cheap. Shipping may be a problem but may be now 0---I just might be going that way soon , Let me know if I can deliver anthing . Will be posting a message soon if I am going on this tour and where I will be going.

Ken

Where Are You From? Kamloops B C Canada

Do You own a car built by Durant? 1930 durant-model 614 deluxe rumble seat coupe

No Ken .. Not even close. Hubs bigger on the 30 as are spokes. Caps look the same on the early 1930 6's but slide well over the hubs of the 28 / 29. One reason you have to ask ebay sellers the hub opening of the caps. Virtually nothing 30 - 32 fits pre 30 cars and vice versa. Even the lugs and rims are different. Put a 29 beside a 30 and you would swear they are different Co's. 29 is higher and old lady style to the lower sleeker 30.

Lord if pre 30 parts fit our cars we'd have little problem finding our parts. Not like present, looking under rocks and stumps to find anything.

Where Are You From? Ottawa Ont

Do You own a car built by Durant? 1932 614 sedan

Thanks Don for the models that apply. I did get a call from Gary Soules in Prineville, OR who has some. If these aren't the right ones, I will get back with you. Phil

Where Are You From? Portland, OR

Do You own a car built by Durant? 1929 Model 60

The Durant Motors Automobile Club