Durant Motors Internet Forum

Our Purpose

Preserve the automobiles manufactured by the Durant Motor Company, provide enjoyment for each member with meets, tours & technical assistance.

This forum is provided by the Durant Motors Automobile Club located at durantmotors.org

How to Add Pictures             Rocky

General Discussion Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Dayton Ohio Spring Meet Hotel Information

Hi All....

Here is the Hotel information for the ECC Spring meet. April 22-24

Holiday Inn Dayton Mall
31 Prestige Plaza Dr.
Miamisburg, OH 45342
1-800-287-0037

When you call mention the Durant Motors Auto Club for the discounted rate of $85 + local tax per night.

These rates are available till March 24, 2010, so make those reservations early.

Cathy & I will be getting in on Wednesday the 24th. meet events start on Thursday the 22nd.

This promises to be a fun time for all Durantonians. A listing of activities will be posted soon....

See Yun'z all in Dayton.....

Frank

---

Where Are You From? Hookstown, Pennsylvania

Do You own a car built by Durant? 16 Durant & Star cars and a Durant-Dort buggy (one horse power)

Re: Dayton Ohio Spring Meet Hotel Information

Hi Frank: Our reservations are made. I think you mean you will arrive on the 21st, not the 24th. The phone number for the central reservations didnt have the rate of $85 + tax, but had $99 + tax she made the reservation for me but told me to call direct to the hotel which I did and they changed the rate for me. We are looking forward to it. Will keep an eye out for future information.

Where Are You From? PA

Do You own a car built by Durant? Yes 2

Hi Tom....

Yes you are correct, we will be getting in on Wednesday the 21st.

The local number for the hotel is: 937-434-8030

The hospitality room will be available starting Wednesday evening. So bring any items you may want to display or share with other Durantonians.

See Yunz all there.....

Frank ---

Do You own a car built by Durant? 16 Durant & Star cars and a Durant-Dort buggy (one horse power)

Dorothy and I have made our reservations. See you all on the 21st.

Where Are You From? Muskegon, Mi

Do You own a car built by Durant? 1923 Durant

We will arrive on the 21st as well. Cant wait for more info. Will need to make sure Tom remembers his pictures this time. Will have to go over and take some more pictures of the one he is work on now.

Where Are You From? PA

We shall be there. Probably get in Wed. PM.
Can't wait to see all our old friends again.
Gord Curl said he would try to stop by on his way home from another adventure and I hope Lance Chabot can fit a trip to Ohio into his plans.I'll bring old stuff for "show & tell" but no old Durant.

Where Are You From? Whitby , ON

Do You own a car built by Durant? yes

Anybody else planning on attending the Spring meet? Should be a great time. I hope to be there myself!

Where Are You From? Oviedo (near Orlando) Florida

Do You own a car built by Durant? 1928 Durant Model 65 4 dr

Hi; Mike & Jack, et All,
Looks like I will be up there April 23rd. Looking forward to seeing you all at the Spring DURANT meet!!

I will bring some Locomobile information & Pictures, and hopefully can get help from the club members to help transfer a load of Locomobile parts from Jack C.'s trailer to mine!

Will also have a few Flint parts on board if anyone is interested in them? I could also bring a 27 STAR 6 Rad & Grille if someone is interested in it?

Looking forward to a great time up there after this very bad Winter, we all have been having! Amen.

Lance C.

Where Are You From? Niceville Florida

Do You own a car built by Durant? 25 Locomobile JR-8 Brougham, 25 Loco JR-8 Sedan, 26 Loco JR-8 Roadster project, 30 Durant 610 Deluxe Sedan

I may be coming to this meet. Not sure yet but it is in the planning stage .Long drive tho. Anyone need anything from any where west of there? I will be going to missouri and then up to dayton. Havent yet planned a route so its open . Driving a 1 ton pickup so will have room to pick up stuff. Let me know - Ken

Where Are You From? Kamloops B C Canada

Do You own a car built by Durant? 1930 durant model 614 deluxe rumble seat coupe

Hey Frank
Isn't the deadline for hotel reservations the end of this week? Remember to make your hotel reservations to get the special Durant price. Who's all coming? I know I'll be there.

Where Are You From? Oviedo (near Orlando) Florida

Do You own a car built by Durant? 1928 Durant Model 65 4 dr

Reservations are made. Be arriving on Thursday morning. See ya, Jim

Where Are You From? Ohio

Do You own a car built by Durant? Flint 80

I just made reservations but we will not be arriving til Friday morning. We are looking forward to seeing everyone again!

Do You own a car built by Durant? 1928 Durant, 1923Star

Its a sure thing now. I will be there. Making the plans as we speak. Getting everything sorted and stacked to load up. If anyone needs anything from out my way let me know -Have room to haul stuff and save the shipping costs. I have some time to go a bit off my planned route so will pick up along the route if anyone needs things.
Lance Chabot--- Do you want this locomobile front axle I have? I will take it to the meet if you do . will be leaving here about april 14.
Ken

Where Are You From? Kamloops B C Canada

Do You own a car built by Durant? 1930 Durant Model614-Deuxe rumble seat coupe

It will soon be April any updates on Ohio? We have our suitecases packed and ready to go.

Where Are You From? PA

Frank;
Do you have any knowledge on how many cars are going to be brought?
Ken

Where Are You From? Muskegon, MI

Do You own a car built by Durant? 1923 Durant A-22

Hello all,
I will be up there the night of 22 April, looking forward to meeting you-all and putting faces with names! I am bringing some Locomobile pictures and info. Also delivering a STAR 6 radiator.

Does anyone else need or Want anything? I have a pretty good 28 Durant Grille (poor plating)if anyone is interested and some FLINT parts. Also have a set of circa 29? Nash (wood wheel hubs, and hubcaps), and a mid 20s Maxwell Touring center section (with a very good complete Front seat)might fit a STAR? This (and more) came with my Locomobile parts, All not needed and very, very reasonable.

Lastly I have lots of 29 to 31 Chevy parts (and Comp. Roadster projects), a good rust free 34 Chevy 4Dr Std body (107" WB) and Tons of Flat Fender; 1947 to 51 JEEP CJ-2A/3A parts (you name it),also Military M-38 Jeep parts( M-38 Eng comp.& 24 volt stuff, and Misc Pts.). All very reasonable AND my Trailer is empty right now!

Again looking forward to seeing you-all!
Lance C.

Do You own a car built by Durant? 25 Locomobile JR-8 Brougham, 25 Loco JR-8 Sedan, 26 Loco JR-8 Roadster project, 30 Durant 610 Deluxe Sedan

Hi Lance.....

If you have a good radiator shell for a 26-27 Star or rear floor pan bring them along.

Also if you have any DVD's with info or pictures. Thursday night is "Movie Night" in the hospitality room.

I will be posting the agenda soon.

See you in Dayton.

Frank ---

Frank,
Hello, I will try to put some pictures on a DVD, not sure if I can in time. Most of these are copies from Web pictures, Ad prints, etc. I will try.

Sorry No Star floor section, and the STAR 6 part is sold already, just delivering it. But I think the Star 6 Rad was too big for your use anyway.

Actually only a few Durant Mtrs type parts mixed in with the Loco parts, and Tons of unknown stuff (i.e. 30 Chrysler Dash/Instruments, etc.). As I idenitfy it I will post with the club.

Lance

Hi Lance, I might be interested in the radiator shell for the 28 Durant. I have a model 65. I'm also in need of a radiator for a 1923 Star touring. Please let me know. Thanks, Bill

Where Are You From? Michigan

Do You own a car built by Durant? 1928 Durant, 1923Star

Bill,
I will bring the 28 Durant shell and let you look at it. You will have first bid, If you like it make an offer. No radiator for a 23 Star, Sorry.

Lance C.

The Durant Motors Automobile Club