Durant Motors Internet Forum

Our Purpose

Preserve the automobiles manufactured by the Durant Motor Company, provide enjoyment for each member with meets, tours & technical assistance.

This forum is provided by the Durant Motors Automobile Club located at durantmotors.org

How to Add Pictures             Rocky

General Discussion Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
other owners

I try to find others Durant Star 1926 coupe for exange of pics and tips.

Where Are You From? Montreal Canada

Do You own a car built by Durant? Durant Star 1926 coupe

Re: other owners

hello, I have sent you an e-mail with pictures....answer and i will send more....gary k

Where Are You From? plymouth meeting, pa. u.s.a.

Do You own a car built by Durant? 1931 6-14 4 dr. "coach" ; 1929 durant model 70 coupe ; 1925 star "F" roadster

Gary .. There used to be VACM in Montreal we broke away from 1965 to create our own Ottawa club, AACO. AACO folded Nov 2008 and I'm sure the remaining club funds got the Cumberland museums 1929 40 back on road again.

I can't find VACM in search and it too may have folded or become www.vea.qc.ca as VACM is noted under that site. Or VAC.

I know Bill Masco had a 6 cyl 1927 Star sedan in Manotick back in the 60 / 70's and I understand that car is now below Montreal all restored and prize winner down there. Unfortunately I can't provide more info as Ernie our former club member who sold the car yrs back, died last year. In talking to Ernie he told me he kept the step plates off the Star for some reason and was thinking of giving them to the Star owner. Haven't any idea if he ever did.

Another thought, for what its worth, might be Gilbert Bureau 514-745-6278 in Mtl. He was part of our AACO back then, later moved and created VAC 1974 http://www.vaq.qc.ca/club-voitures-anciennes/conseil-administration.php This page of his VAC gives Quebec clubs. Last paper we put out 2008 in AACO has an ad from Gilbert selling car parts of the 20's. He should know what happened to VACM and any vintage clubs in or around Montreal, that might help Henri. Probably knows the 27 Star.

Norm

Where Are You From? Ottawa Ont

Do You own a car built by Durant? 1932 614 sedan

okay henri, there is some canada info to search for fellow owners...also our own list of members....i am sure more info will follow....regards, gary k
check out our "photographs" section under stars...there are a few star m cars

Where Are You From? plymouth meeting, pa. u.s.a.

Do You own a car built by Durant? 1931 6-14 4 dr. "coach" ; 1929 durant model 70 coupe ; 1925 star "F" roadster

Sure seems odd the lack of Star's this neck of the woods, for the piles of rusting Star's in the 60 / 70's in fields. You'd trip over T's / A's of course and 490's, McLaughlin's, Dodge's, but there were lots of Star's as well.
Only other one I knew about from the past, was up for sale about 2 yrs ago in Vanier (Ottawa) in the Ottawa paper, that was mickey mouse roadster with home made rear section behind the drivers seat. I assume that got sold. No one in AACO had one nor our new EOVAR. Fair number of Durant's still survive.

I seem to have an idea this 27 owner below Mtl collects Star's, if I recall Ernie's conversation correctly.

Where Are You From? Ottawa Ont

Do You own a car built by Durant? 1932 614 sedan

The Durant Motors Automobile Club