Durant Motors Internet Forum

Our Purpose

Preserve the automobiles manufactured by the Durant Motor Company, provide enjoyment for each member with meets, tours & technical assistance.

This forum is provided by the Durant Motors Automobile Club located at durantmotors.org

How to Add Pictures             Rocky

General Discussion Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
LOCOMOBILE 8-70 Engine For Sale

All,
I have just been contacted by a Mr. Jim Fasnacht of Houston TX (713-256-6511)who picked up a "mostly" complete 1928(?)Loco 8-70 Lycoming, Straight Eight. Loco 8-70 data plate and engine casting date 1927.

He got the engine in a group of parts and desperately needs to move it (no storage space). The motor is in basically good condition, but was pulled then opened so there was some rust in the Cyls. From his photos the motor looks good (No Cracks or Breaks). I don't have the photos with me right now.

(From memory)It comes with Head, Bellhousing & Clutch, Manifolds, and some brackets,etc.etc. (very Complete). But No Carb,Starter,or Generator. He has PHOTOs on request;
jimfasnacht@mindspring.com

This looks to be a good value as Jim only wants $300 now for quick pickup over the next 2 weeks! Or $400 if picked up by late December into January, which is still not a bad price.

I have told him I would pick it up for any Club member, store it, and deliver it to an up commong event. Hate to see this engine be JUNKED but it has to go!
Lance C.

Where Are You From? Niceville Florida

Do You own a car built by Durant? 25 Locomobile JR-8 Brougham, 25 Loco JR-8 Sedan, 26 Loco JR-8 Roadster project, 30 Durant 610 Deluxe Sedan

The Durant Motors Automobile Club