Durant Motors Internet Forum

Our Purpose

Preserve the automobiles manufactured by the Durant Motor Company, provide enjoyment for each member with meets, tours & technical assistance.

This forum is provided by the Durant Motors Automobile Club located at durantmotors.org

How to Add Pictures             Rocky

General Discussion Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Need a body part for my 1924 Star F

I am in need of the front splash apron which fits below the radiator and between the front frame ends. I will consider any condition as I can always use a bad one as a pattern. Thanks, Bob

Where Are You From? Scituate, RI

Do You own a car built by Durant? 1924 Star F Touring, 1923 Star C Speedster, 1920 Dort Roadster

Re: Need a body part for my 1924 Star F

Bob, I have an extra . It is in Fair shape, but the ends where it contacts the spring bolts have been cut off. You would have to weld new ends on. Glenn

Where Are You From? Tucson AZ.

Do You own a car built by Durant? 25 Star touring

Thanks Glenn,
Sounds like something I could use as a pattern. How much was cut off and should the end be rounded to fit up to the spring bolt? Are the mounting attachments or holes still there?
The original one on my 1923 Model C covers up only half the frame end and is different than the Model F.
Bob

Do You own a car built by Durant? 1924 Star F Touring, 1923 Star C Speedster, 1920 Dort Roadster

Hi Bob, aprox. 1 1/2 in cut off on each side, just that portion that had the holes to attach tp the spring bolts. If you have a good mig welder, pieces could be added. The rest of the panel can be finished fairly easy. The rest of the mounting holes are there and that portion is in fair to good shape. Glenn

Glenn, That sounds fine. What is the price shipped to Scituate, RI 02857?
Thanks, Bob

Bob DeAngelis
Glenn, That sounds fine. What is the price shipped to Scituate, RI 02857?
Thanks, Bob

Bob, ?65.00 - thats 40.00 shipping - 25.00 part
Glenn

Glenn, I was able to get a complete apron that I can use as a pattern. Thank you very much for your help. Bob

O.K.Bob, give a call if anything else comes up. Glenn

The Durant Motors Automobile Club