Durant Motors Internet Forum

Our Purpose

Preserve the automobiles manufactured by the Durant Motor Company, provide enjoyment for each member with meets, tours & technical assistance.

This forum is provided by the Durant Motors Automobile Club located at durantmotors.org

How to Add Pictures             Rocky

General Discussion Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
genealogy

I was looking for a model a pickup. I located my Durant on a old farm, A older man (86) was on his porch swing and asked him about the pickup, He told me that he had a Durant, Not sure what it was he took me to the top of the field there was a shed. On the way we pasted two steam tractors and several 20's chevys, They belong to his deceased brother. He opened the doors and there it was. I had to have this car. He asked how much money I had. Only sixteen at that time I only had $200. He told me to come back tomorrow for it. I arrived early the next day with a tow truck, He asked me why the tow truck, He jumped in and started it.I drove it home, At that time I didn't know that he was part owner of Durant dealership in Clarksburg PA. He was the frist owner an drove it up to 1965. The only promise was not make it into a hotrod.

Where Are You From? Homer City PA

Do You own a car built by Durant? 1929 model 60 coupe

Re: genealogy

Emil,

That's a great story.

Rick

Where Are You From? Fremont, California USA

Do You own a car built by Durant? 1929 model 60

The Durant Motors Automobile Club