Durant Motors Internet Forum

Our Purpose

Preserve the automobiles manufactured by the Durant Motor Company, provide enjoyment for each member with meets, tours & technical assistance.

This forum is provided by the Durant Motors Automobile Club located at durantmotors.org

How to Add Pictures             Rocky

General Discussion Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
EBAY 'S DURANT PARTS COLUMN PROBLEMS

HAS ANYONE ELSE BEEN BOTHERED BY THE 300 ADS FOR ANTENNAS FOR "DURANTS" THAT NEVER USED THEM...ON EBAY'S DURANT PARTS WEBSITE ???? WE HAVE TO LOOK THRU ALL THOSE FALSE ADS TO FIND THE FEW DURANT PARTS ON THE SITE. I HAVE TRIED AND FAILD TO COMPLAIN TO EBAY BUT THEY SEEM TO HAVE SHELTERED THEMSELVES FROM HONEST COMPLAINTS ABOUT SUCH THINGS. HOW DO YOU GET THRU TO THESE PEOPLE??? THE SELLER GAVE ME A POLITE "SORRY" WE HAVE OCCAISIONAL TECH PROBLEMS...BULL...THEY ARE ON STUDEBAKER AND ERSKINE SITES Also..

Where Are You From? plymouth meeting, pa. u.s.a.

Do You own a car built by Durant? 1931 6-14 4 dr. "coach" ; 1929 durant model 70 coupe ; 1925 star "F" roadster

Re: EBAY 'S DURANT PARTS COLUMN PROBLEMS

Gary,
Every now and then is is necessary to modify your search terms to deal with situations like this. I simply insert the word antenna in the negative list.

This is my Star search wording.

(1922,1923,1924,1925,1926,1927,1928) Star
-(note,antenna,movie,silent,eastern,seal,grant,silver,white,wars,trek,dvd*,cards,dale)

This guy has purchased a boat load of Chinese crap and is trying everything he can to unload them!!!

Doesn't everybody want a new antenna to go along with your 1920's CD Player or I-Pod hook up in your Durant? I was thinking of ordering a dozen or so to give out as Christmas presents to my Durant friends. I wonder how many he's really sold to the Durant, Essex etc crowd?

Where Are You From? Oviedo (near Orlando) Florida

Do You own a car built by Durant? 1928 Durant Model 65 4 dr

Unc Gary ... Tech problems ?? Every model of car is part of the item be it Durant etc. I look under "vintage car and truck parts" which leaves out the antenna's. Could also miss a D part though.

You will never get anywhere with Ebay. Been there. They almost force us to use ebay.ca being Canadian but I persist with ebay.com. They actually took all Canadian addresses and switched us to .ca a year or so ago. Should I win a sale in .ca and go to pay for it, it throws me out of ebay.ca altogether and I have sign back into .com to continue to pay for an item. Real pain in the butt signing on twice and going through it all again. Happens every time. Ebays response was it shouldn't act that way, not that they intend to do anything about it. And they haven't.
Also using .ca we don't see as many sales as .com has. Found that out going via DMAC to Ebay. Item was there under .com but not.ca. Another reason to use .com when looking for things. I would imagine .uk acts the same way. Note .com has "ebay motors" but .ca still has "automobiles". The ebay sites aren't even programmed the same no wonder they don't work as one unit. Last time .com was down two years ago .uk was up and I managed to win the item that way. Goodness knows how many folks lost their items because of the failure. I knew when the item was on its final count down, only to find .com was off line and I had seconds to do a final bid. So I chanced .uk was up, which it was and I got the item, probably because the .com'ers were still waiting for that site to return and never thought the other two ebay's weren't affected.

That's neat Don, didn't know you could do a neg search to wipe out undesirables. I know Star is almost impossible to pin point those parts and can see why its not included in DMAC search name.

Where Are You From? Ottawa Ont

Do You own a car built by Durant? 1932 614 sedan

thanx for teaching the teacher...i will try the negative search....

Where Are You From? plymouth meeting, pa. u.s.a.

Do You own a car built by Durant? 1931 6-14 4 dr. "coach" ; 1929 durant model 70 coupe ; 1925 star "F" roadster

The Durant Motors Automobile Club