Durant Motors Internet Forum

Our Purpose

Preserve the automobiles manufactured by the Durant Motor Company, provide enjoyment for each member with meets, tours & technical assistance.

This forum is provided by the Durant Motors Automobile Club located at durantmotors.org

How to Add Pictures             Rocky

General Discussion Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Distributer for a star 4

I am looking fo a 4 cylinder distributer for a 26 star car . A freind of mine has a star and needs a distributer. Trying to get him to join the club so maybe if I find a distributer for him he will do so. Anyone with a spare one ?? And what is the price --I will let him know.
He also needs the control wires? or rods? from the bottom of the steering column to the carb. spark advance and choke I guess they are .

Thanks guys
Ken

Where Are You From? Kamloops B C Canada

Do You own a car built by Durant? 1930 durant -model 614 - deluxe rumble seat coupe`

Re: Distributer for a star 4

Hi Ken.....

I'm sure if he joins the Club we can find a distributor for him. Larry, Don, or I should have a distributor.

What all does he need? Just the distributor, or the pot metal right angle drive also? Franz and the Butters both make the replacement for the drive.

Frank ---

Where Are You From? Hookstown, Pennsylvania

Do You own a car built by Durant? 16 Durant & Star cars & a Durant Dort buggy (one horse power)

The right angle drive is good on his car. What he needs is the distributor itself.
What was used from the bottom of the steering column to the carb ?? Rods or cables?? Any one have a picture of the hook up ?? I think I have him talked into joining the club.
Thanks guys
Ken

Where Are You From? Kamloops B C Canada

Do You own a car built by Durant? 1930 durant-model 614 - deluxe rumble seat coupe

Hi Ken....

Need some more information. The 1926 Cars were a transition from the earlier to later steering and engine set ups.

How is the steering box mounted, what does the steering wheel look like, how does the exhaust manifold exit, is the engine rubber mounted.

Pictures would be very helpful. I have both types and could photograph them. MY 1926 touring & coach are the early set up and my 1926 roadster and sedan are the later ones.

That's what makes these cars so interesting.....

Frank ---

Where Are You From? Hookstown, Pennsylvania

Do You own a car built by Durant? 16 Durant & Star cars & a Durant Dort buggy (one horse power)

im looking at a 1926 durant star roadster about 97% complete motor turns over has some rust not bad for the age top is nice and it has a trunk instead of a rumble seat it has 13k miles on it and i have the original title from the owner that just passed away that bought it new was wondering what it could be worth and how many they made wood rims are real nice radiator is holding fluid and the honey comb style and is electric and hand crank start. the title is a 1927 but the car is a 1926?

Where Are You From? iniana

Do You own a car built by Durant? soon

The Durant Motors Automobile Club