Durant Motors Internet Forum

Our Purpose

Preserve the automobiles manufactured by the Durant Motor Company, provide enjoyment for each member with meets, tours & technical assistance.

This forum is provided by the Durant Motors Automobile Club located at durantmotors.org

How to Add Pictures             Rocky

General Discussion Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Reproduction Clutch Fingers

Last night I received a new pair of clutch fingers for my 1929 model 60. They are made of high grade steel from an original part in excellent condition. The new parts are slightly thicker at ¼”. In a couple of weeks I will install them along and let you know how it turned out. The important thing here is that these parts can be hard to find in good condition and if it wasn’t for Don Shilling having an extra set(used as the master), I wouldn’t be able to do this.

My original clutch fingers are very badly worn, so instead of installing the set I got from Don, I sent them to a person who could reproduce them. Now that he has finished creating the program for the CNC machine, he can create more sets as needed.

Rick

Where Are You From? Fremont, California USA

Do You own a car built by Durant? 1929 durant Model 60 Sport Roadster

Re: Reproduction Clutch Fingers

If anyone wold like a pair of these new parts contact me at rick@durantmotors.org. I plan to install the new fork in November and document the process. After the the parts have been installed, I will then place the order.

Rick

Where Are You From? Fremont, California USA

Do You own a car built by Durant? 1929 durant Model 60 Sport Roadster

Re: Reproduction Clutch Fingers

I have one set left from the last batch of Clutch levers for a 1929 model and maybe others. The person making them has three extra sets, soooo if you need one please contact me. They are $75 per set and that price includes shipping worldwide.

Rick

Where Are You From? Fremont, California

The Durant Motors Automobile Club