Durant Motors Internet Forum

Our Purpose

Preserve the automobiles manufactured by the Durant Motor Company, provide enjoyment for each member with meets, tours & technical assistance.

This forum is provided by the Durant Motors Automobile Club located at durantmotors.org

How to Add Pictures             Rocky

General Discussion Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
lug nuts

I am in search of the following lug nuts for 29/30 Durant with wire wheels.
these us a 3/4 wrench, they are 9/16 fine thread.
I need 8 with RH thread
I need 3 with LH thread

email or call 618-523-4459

note of interest. My nephew was at the local Carquest store today for a part for my Durant. They wante to know what the heck is a Durant so they looked it up on the internet and were amazed at the results.

Where Are You From? Germantown, IL

Do You own a car built by Durant? 1929 Durant 6-63 Deluxe

Re: lug nuts

I too, am looking for one LH and two RH lug nuts but haven't been able to locate them yet. If you come across any extras I will be happy to purchase them from you. I'll do the same for you too. When I get to that stage of the restoration and haven't found any, I will have to make some.

Where Are You From? Hyattsville Md

Do You own a car built by Durant? Yes, 1928 D75 sedan

Sounds like another project for Franz!

Has anyone found a source for these lugnuts?...I am in need of a few as well.

Do You own a car built by Durant? '23 A-22 Touring / '29 Model 40 coup / '25 Flint H-40

I bought wheel nuts at Napa auto parts right here in Kamloops . They ordered them in and I got both right and left thread . I am satisfied with them .
Ken

Where Are You From? Kamloops B C Canada

Do You own a car built by Durant? 1930 durant-model 614 -deluxe rumble seat coupe

I need more than lug nuts. Some of the studs are broken.
I also have a mystery. The rear lugnuts are 1/2-13 (coarse thread), while the front lugnuts are bigger than 1/2-inch, and are a fine thread.
It might be that the differential came out of another car because the wire wheels don't match.
Wish I could include a picture.

Where Are You From? Palmdale, CA

Do You own a car built by Durant? 1928 Durant Star Four (Just the frame, running gear and engine, hood, radiator and cowl)

The Durant Motors Automobile Club