Durant Motors Internet Forum

Our Purpose

Preserve the automobiles manufactured by the Durant Motor Company, provide enjoyment for each member with meets, tours & technical assistance.

This forum is provided by the Durant Motors Automobile Club located at durantmotors.org

How to Add Pictures             Rocky

General Discussion Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Wheel puller

First does anyone know of the proper thread size for a wheel puller for my 1928 Model 65? Secondly does anybody have one they want to part with? I expect it is the screw on type with threads and a bolt through the center right?

Do You own a car built by Durant? 1928 Durant Model 65 4 door

Re: Wheel puller

Mike,
I have a wheel puller that I fabricated. It works real good. You are more than welcome to use it anytime you need it.

Dennis

Mike,
Which wheel are you trying to pull? I have a "Front" one I bought from Ken (supposed to be for Durant/Locomobile).

I also have a "Rear Puller" for wooden wheels that came with my Locomobile's (same as illustrated on this Web in Tech). It attaches to the wheel and has a center screw to push on the axle,thus pulling wheel off.

I will be going down through there (Orlando) going South to Vero Beach on the weekend of 8 March, returning in 2 or 3 days. Let me know if I can lend to you? Nights (850) 678-2687, Days (850) 882-3862.
Lance C.

Do You own a car built by Durant? 25 Locomobile JR-8 Brougham, 25 Loco JR-8 Sedan, 26 Loco JR-8 Roadster project, 30 Durant 610 Deluxe Sedan

Mike,
Whoops, make that the Special Interest section. Wheel Pullers by Keith Hoffman. I beleve it looks like the bell shaped one. Will check my Storage building tomorrow. Call or e-mail if interested.

Going down to Vero to check in on my mother...and get out of this Winter COLD, looking for some Sun and warm 85+ F degrees! (Sorry Norm, I couldn't resist haw, haw. it's only 70 F degrees here now!!)
Lance C.

Do You own a car built by Durant? 25 Locomobile JR-8 Brougham, 25 Loco JR-8 Sedan, 26 Loco JR-8 Roadster project, 30 Durant 610 Deluxe Sedan

Lordy Lance how can you stand that cold weather? Bet you have a parker on and long johns as well. Fleace lined mitts and heavy scarf, too. Think you need to get your blood checked or stop replacing it with antifreeze.

Do You own a car built by Durant? 1932 614 Sedan

The Durant Motors Automobile Club