Durant Motors Internet Forum

Our Purpose

Preserve the automobiles manufactured by the Durant Motor Company, provide enjoyment for each member with meets, tours & technical assistance.

This forum is provided by the Durant Motors Automobile Club located at durantmotors.org

How to Add Pictures             Rocky

General Discussion Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
14th Annual Durant Gathering - Ontario

Hard to believe that this will be the 14th Annual Durant Gathering to be held in Ontario. Our event started out to honour Jeff Cromeens as he finished "The Great American Race" that finished in Toronto on June 30, 1996 I had known Jeff for 15 years, having met him first in Dearborn in 1981,and in many other Durant meets thereafter. I was sure that many more of my Durant Family Registry friends would be overjoyed to meet Jeff and see his hand made 8 cyl Star speedster. I was right! I believe we had over 20 cars show up for the meet on July 1st at Reg and Marilyn Bent's home in Carlisle. Ontario. This started our tradition of having a meet every Canada Day (July 1st) weekend or the weekend nearest.
The meet this year will be in Guelph, Ontario from July 3 - 5 with rough camping available from July 1 for those who wish to kick back and relax. We will have tours, BBQ's , tire kicking (Ouch, Ouch)and good ole fashioned fun. There are plenty of hotels very close and lots of eatin' places.
We will have a registration form posted on "Durant Events" in the near future. In the meantime, make sure your passport is up to date - You will need it to cross the 49th. (You read all about the 49th on this forum)
We are also extending our invitation to 3 other groups with similar interests (Historical Automobile Society of Canada, Heritage 35 group, Gray Dort Group and Willys Overland Knight Registry (WOKR)
Don't forget to mark your calendars NOW

Gord

Do You own a car built by Durant? 1932 Frontenac

Re: 14th Annual Durant Gathering - Ontario

Gord,
Boy that sounds like a lot of FUN for this July, and I would get to see all my Canadian family and friends up there.....But where is Guelph, Ontario?

According to Norm if it's 50F up there in July, I would only need Shorts and a Tee-shirt. Probably should also bring some "Skeeter" repelant too right?

Still sounds like fun to me, if I can get away for a week ,Count Me In!!!

Take care, and Thanks for the Invite;
Lance C.

Do You own a car built by Durant? 25 Locomobile JR-8 Brougham, 25 Loco JR-8 Sedan, 26 Loco JR-8 Roadster project, 30 Durant 610 Deluxe Sedan

Hi Lance:

Guelph is about 50 miles west of Toronto, and about 75 miles from the US border at Niagara Falls. Right in what we call the golden horseshoe.

Gord

Do You own a car built by Durant? 1932 Frontenac

Goodness Lance ... we do get grass, flowers, and leaves up here in the land of ice and snow. Probably by then mother nature will have flicked the switch from coolish weather to over bearing. It seems up here we go from winter to summer and somehow miss spring type weather. Just like someone flicking a light switch. Not sure about Guelph in the Horse's .... but we do get skeeters and no see ems, in the Beautiful Ottawa Valley. (those nasty sand / black flies who are hungry for blood). Then the horse / deer fly's who do take a chunk out of you.

Do You own a car built by Durant? 1932 614 Sedan

The Durant Motors Automobile Club