Durant Motors Internet Forum

Our Purpose

Preserve the automobiles manufactured by the Durant Motor Company, provide enjoyment for each member with meets, tours & technical assistance.

This forum is provided by the Durant Motors Automobile Club located at durantmotors.org

How to Add Pictures             Rocky

General Discussion Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
voltage regulator

Hi again--
I see on the wiring diagram that there is no voltage regulator . Is this right ?? I was under the impression that all wiring had to have a regulator. I sure am no expert and need all the help I can get. would sure like to get this wiring in and finished though. Any info is appreciated.
1930 Durant model 614
Thanks -
Ken

Do You own a car built by Durant? 1930 Durant model 614 Deluxe rumble seat coupe

Re: voltage regulator

Hi Ken.....

Our cars use a cut out relay.

You can find these at tractor supply stores. Or go to Valu-Bilt tractor at:

http://www.valu-bilt.com/

and search for part number A-574459, cost is about $17

Hope this helps.....Frank

---

Do You own a car built by Durant? 14 Durant & Star cars & a Durant-Dort buggy

Or you can find at Tractor Supply, part number:

0236465 , although the cost is $28

Depending on shipping costs, (you may be able to pick up locally)this may be a better source.

Frank

Do You own a car built by Durant? 14 Durant & Star cars & a Durant-Dort buggy

TSC stores are popping up all over the place here like someone throwing seeds into the wind. They can get all sorts of ignition etc parts for our cars I was told. Went to the new one in Smiths Falls a couple of years back to see if they had water pump packing. NAPA and tractor dealers look at you like you are from another world for that. TSC fellow walked over to a shelf and said it should be right here. It wasn't but he could order it in. As I finally used my brain ,plumbing shops still use water pump packing for the old taps and water pumps. Shop in Perth asked me how much I needed. Really stupid on my part as the neighbour across the street is a retired plumber and here I'm tromping the countryside looking for it. He knew right off.

Do You own a car built by Durant? 1932 614 Sedan

What is a TSC store--??? Never heard that one before
Ken

Do You own a car built by Durant? 1930 Durant model 614 Deluxe rumble seat coupe

TSC Stores are only from Manitoba eastwards.
We do not have them here in BC.

Just to add, although there is no voltage regulator as such, just a cut-out relay, the system voltage is adjustable using the "third brush" in the generator.

I like to see the ammeter about +5 amps with the headlights on when driving.

RonJ

Here you go Ken http://www.tscstores.com/stage/index.php Didn't realize it wasn't out there yet.

I guess its like the invisable line in Ont that has stores Thunder Bay and West Canada but not going East, this way. We drove up to Thunder Bay 2 years back to see our grandson. The grocey stores was one, there we don't have here and they don't have ours. Was interesting to see T Bay and no high rise as the ground won't support them. They lay thick matting under laneways to stop them from sinking when you park on them. Closest railway is near the Man border. Fort McMurry I think. Never would have thought that with Thunder Bay beening the rail head orig to Lake Superior. Guess everything is now trucked around the Lake.
Maybe once TSC stops going east it will come your way. Its like the US Lowes now has a finger grip in Ont and is moving our way.

Do You own a car built by Durant? 1932 614 Sedan

The Durant Motors Automobile Club