Durant Motors Internet Forum

Our Purpose

Preserve the automobiles manufactured by the Durant Motor Company, provide enjoyment for each member with meets, tours & technical assistance.

This forum is provided by the Durant Motors Automobile Club located at durantmotors.org

How to Add Pictures             Rocky

General Discussion Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Still looking for Locomobile parts

Thanks Rick,

Back on line (was even blocked at home today)the "Confuser" is back up again!!

Lots of fun today!! Worked on the "Locomobiles" all afternoon, doing minor things but Making progress!

Thanks for all the warm words Norm...what did you think of that Parts stash? Anything there for you and Don, or the other club members?

Lance C.

Do You own a car built by Durant? 25 Locomobile JR-8 Brougham, 25 Loco JR-8 Sedan, 26 Loco JR-8 Roadster project, 30 Durant 610 Deluxe Sedan

Re: Still looking for Locomobile parts

Hi Lance .. did you not get my two emails on the subject ? I know Don replied as well. In the "heat" of the conversation I said ...

I didn't see one Durant part (Don, said no Star) I could identify. The fender marked 29 Durant sure wasn't. They weren't two piece raised top part lower skirt with embossed design on the skirt like an early T fender. No idea what that was.
The welled fenders might be Chevy, Dodge ??? but sure not anything I know. The 30 - 32 fenders don't stop at the bottom of the skirt curve, but continue to the inside of the frame and fastened with bolts plus have the hood clamps on them also.
That 4 bolt wire wheel with small D cap I'm not sure about. We didn't seem to have those type wires here. That rusty wire has the lock ring on the back of the wheel, instead of the front. Looking at Charlies few pics (ha ha) of the 619, the lock ring is in the front as are the ones on Gords 1930 614 in Nova Scotia. His has the 6 1/2 caps but 5 lug, Stephan's and mine are 6 lug normal wires, no lock ring. I commented that ebay had a similar cap recently the owner wasn't sure if Desoto or Durant, most likely Desoto she thought.

The pics show a bunch of rusty stuff off other cars other than ours and I woulder if any of this trash ...oops stash (sounds the same) has anything Durant wise. Looks like he pulled stuff out of the bush / swamp and has no idea what they might be. Why don't you shrink the pics down and post them and perhaps I'm way off base.

Keep thinking of us we appreciate it. Someone hopefully has our parts.
Norm

Norm

Do You own a car built by Durant? 1932 614 Sedan

hi i have a axle that i am trying to identify..it says durant on the hubcaps and had wood spokewheels..i was going to use it on a ratrod project im building but thought someone might want it for a durant resto project..i also have a transmission that came from the same place but not sure what it fits either.i will post the picture alblum i have on it..any help would be appreciated ..thanks R.C. from missouri

http://s202.photobucket.com/albums/aa84/rcplumley/durant%20parts/

Do You own a car built by Durant? no

Norm, Frank W,
I looked at the parts listed(on the "http" Link).

Definitely a DURANT (Hubcap "Block" letters), and maybe a 1928 Model 55? Not sure.

But you guys are the experts, what do you think?

P.S. Norm I'm trying to stay warm down here in our abnormaly cold temps! I liked your "ice fishing" picture. "Never would had believed such-a-thing down here" without a photo. YOU guys really know how to have Fun up there, "Fishing an such"!!

Lance C.

Do You own a car built by Durant? 25 Locomobile JR-8 Brougham, 25 Loco JR-8 Sedan, 26 Loco JR-8 Roadster project, 30 Durant 610 Deluxe Sedan

Hi Lance .... not an expert at all. I very much doubt anyone is, with so many changes in the cars day by day, or week by week. The more I hear about our cars and who has what on them, just convinces me more and more no two are the same. Just been talking to a DMAC'er with a 1930 614 and spear hood but 31 style dash plate like the 619 and our 31 / 32 614 / 618 D's and Frontenac's. Sort of part one year, part another. He figures its summer 1930. What did Durant Motors do, know it was failing so used next years dash on this car to get rid of parts ?

The cap is definately one used on a 6 cyl D 28 and 29. 4 cyl is D only and looks Star type. Can't tell if it's a 3 or 4 speed tranny to narrow down the model more. The VIN plate would id the model if its still around. Perhaps 28 / 29 D owners might know.

Thought you might enjoy that pic and throw another log on your fire to take the chill out of the 85 F weather you talked about.

Do You own a car built by Durant? 1932 614 Sedan

Lance
I still have that front axle if you are interested in it .. has the wood spoke wheels and the brake rods attached. I is up for grabs for a very minimal fee. Of course the freight may be a bit but if it is a needed item to some poor guy that would be a small price to pay. I would just like to get a bit for handling .
Ken

Do You own a car built by Durant? 1930 Durant model 614 Deluxe rumble seat coupe

Ken,
What car is this for, I'm not sure? I have sent you an e-mail.

Maybe we can find someone to transport it or meet you (or it?)half-way to Ontario this Summer at the get-together there?

Like you I Hate to see someone not get these parts!
Lance C.

The Durant Motors Automobile Club