Durant Motors Internet Forum

Our Purpose

Preserve the automobiles manufactured by the Durant Motor Company, provide enjoyment for each member with meets, tours & technical assistance.

This forum is provided by the Durant Motors Automobile Club located at durantmotors.org

How to Add Pictures             Rocky

General Discussion Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Old Durant Photo Vintage Ford Magazine

Hi All...

Just got the latest issue of the Model T Ford Club of America magavine. There is a multiple page story on the beginnings of automobile racing at Funk's Speedway in Winchester, Indiana.

On page 41 is a picture of a Durant camera car with the film crew. Car has a large Durant logo and says Trans-Continental Durant. H. L. Lockwood, movie stunt actor, Hollywood, California

Looks like an A-22 touring, what do you think???

Enjoy......Frank ---

Photobucket

Do You own a car built by Durant? 14 Durant & Star cars & a Durant Dort buggy

Re: Old Durant Photo Vintage Ford Magazine

Frank:
I called to get an original copy for our great magazine. I made the Ford meet this year and it was lot of fun. Great weather.
Jan

Do You own a car built by Durant? 24 star

Thanks Jan.....

Great I deal, sounds like the tour was fun.

Cathy says we have to get one of our T's out this year, been a while since we did that. Those 3 pedals are confusing!!

I think my feet are too big, not as bad as our 1920 Overland 4, that has the gas pedal between the clutch and brake pedals!

The Star is easier to drive and remember which foot goes where.

Frank ---

Do You own a car built by Durant? 14 Durant & Star cars & a Durant Dort buggy

I would say the picture is an A-22...

Never drove a Model T but I do Know about the Overland gas pedal, It really taxis your brain being in that location.

Do You own a car built by Durant? \'23 A-22 Touring / \'29 Model 40 Coupe

The Durant Motors Automobile Club