Durant Motors Internet Forum

Our Purpose

Preserve the automobiles manufactured by the Durant Motor Company, provide enjoyment for each member with meets, tours & technical assistance.

This forum is provided by the Durant Motors Automobile Club located at durantmotors.org

How to Add Pictures             Rocky

General Discussion Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
DMAC Elections

To all Durantonians, as you know 2009 is an election year for the DMAC; the last was back in 2006. Sometimes it is hard for me to believe that over two years have passed so quickly but they have. This year the club will elect officers to serve for the 2010-2013 term. The election process is very straightforward and every member in good standing is eligible.

· They should contact the Election Nomination Committee where they will be given the job description of the office they wish to run for.
· Each candidate will be required to submit tot he committee a brief Bio of the candidate in order to introduce themselves to the club membership.
· The ENC Election Nomination Committee will make sure these are submitted to Carol for inclusion into he Durant Partner. The committee will print and distribute ballots with enough time for the membership to vote and mail the ballots back to the committee.
· The ballots will stay closed and brought to the business meeting in Texarkana, where they will be opened, counted and the results announced. The new officers will take effect on January 1st, 2010.
· The committee is comprised of three members, the immediate past president and two members that are not on the board of directors.

Lance Haynes - Chairman
Gary Yelle - West Coast
Jim Greenamyer - East Coast

As Chairman, Lance will add more details to this tread later and submit an article to Carol outlining the entire for publication in the next issue of the Durant Partner.

Rick Botti
President
Durant Motors Automobile Club

Do You own a car built by Durant? 1929 Model 60 Sport Roadster

Re: DMAC Elections

OK folks it's that time again to have our club elections again. Every three years is the cycle. So my good friend and club president Rick Botti calls me up and says I is the Election Nomination Committee chairmen. Mnnnnnnnnn. So I said who says so? And he says it's in the bylaws. Ok so Rick appoints two really great friends to serve with me Gary Yelle and Jim Greenamyer.
So we have had a conference call meeting and Jim has agreed to collect all the ballots and bring them to the Don Shilling Texarkana fall meet. Now we will have a loose ballot in the June club magazine for you all to mail to Jim. Instead of three men doing different parts of this job I have ask Him to receive the bio's and forward them to Carol for the June magazine and also receive the ballots.
A couple things to keep in mind is any president should attend all the National meets and conduct a club board meeting and hold two other board meetings a year. They can be the conference call type ones we are doing now. Also please submit a nice bio of interesting info about yourself and a picture and why you want to be a president or vice present or Secretary Treasure and what your qualifications are. Dues must be current and women and any member from anywhere can run. Write ins are OK as long as you get that members OK that they would willing to serve. You do not have to own one of our Durant cars to run.
Now some good news our great secretary, treasure Bob Smith has agreed to continue on in that office but we will still need
him to run. You can start sending in your bios any time to :
Jim Greenamyer
1146 Benton Rd.
Salem Ohio 44460
Faithfully Lance Haynes
DMAC Elections Committee Chairman

Where Are You From? www.lancedurant.com

Do You own a car built by Durant? many, many

The Durant Motors Automobile Club