Durant Motors Internet Forum

Our Purpose

Preserve the automobiles manufactured by the Durant Motor Company, provide enjoyment for each member with meets, tours & technical assistance.

This forum is provided by the Durant Motors Automobile Club located at durantmotors.org

How to Add Pictures             Rocky

General Discussion Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Obscure Star Part

Hi Folks!
I'm looking for the right and left braces that reinforce the headlight bar to fender on any Star M or R. They fit between the headlight bar and fender and also serve to reinforce the headlight. This is just one more item that wasn't included with our Star Coupe projects.
Hope somebody has some spares laying about>

Thanks,
Don

Do You own a car built by Durant? 1923 Star C touring, 1927 Star M coupe

Re: Obscure Star Part

Hi Don....

Are these what you are looking for?? They are from my stash of goodies, don't know how you and Butch missed them on your last visit.

Interesting they are marked left & right.

Frank

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Do You own a car built by Durant? 14 Durant & Star cars & a Durant Dort buggy

Them's the ones! An d yes, the one set I have are marked R and L also. I'll take 'em!

Don

Hi Don.......

They will be in the mail to you shortly.....

Frank ---

Do You own a car built by Durant? 14 Durant & Star cars & a Durant Dort buggy

want 2 add my thanks 2 Frank
BUTCH

Hi Butch & Don.....

Seems like you are making good progress on the coupes.

Maybe we can get a ride at the Texarkana meet....

Snow is melting up here, are you guys ready for another "road trip" ?

Always enjoy your visits.......

Frank ---

Do You own a car built by Durant? 14 Durant & Star cars & a Durant-Dort buggy

The cars may be ready next September depending if we can locate all the detail parts and our Play Money holds out! Looks like we are going to have to dig up another right front fender for Butch. His weighed about 15 lbs heaver than the left side because of all the previous Bondo Repair. Investigation revealed more body putty than remaining sheet metal!
Another Road Trip would be welcomed if I can find a stash of goodies worth hauling back. Anybody got any suggestions???

Don,
I hope that you and Norm got my "Parts Found" e-mail yesterday Okay.

I'm home today doing some stuff and getting over a mild head cold.

BTW the "Spam" proctection works "Too well" and my Server at work BLOCKS the little codes.....Hence NO MORE Durant Mtrs daytime e-mails to the web forumn, untill it is lifted.

Home e-mail; lchabot1@cox.net

Lance C.

Do You own a car built by Durant? 25 Locomobile JR-8 Brougham, 25 Loco JR-8 Sedan, 26 Loco JR-8 Roadster project, 30 Durant 610 Deluxe Sedan

Hummm aren't you supposed to be working for the USAF, not playing on the pc, while at work ? Guess thats why you can't use the code at work.
MetLife monitored all out going mails within reason but to an xxx place, auto dismissal and walked out of the building. You were told about it, if none work related, such as jokes and personal. Row that galley, slave !

Interesting to note, perhaps, I tried to send Terry an email for his site about the 633, with 633 in the subject line, and my mail was returned by my server saying 633 is a virus and it refused to allow the mail to be sent anywhere.

Do You own a car built by Durant? 1932 614 Sedan

The Durant Motors Automobile Club