Durant Motors Internet Forum

Our Purpose

Preserve the automobiles manufactured by the Durant Motor Company, provide enjoyment for each member with meets, tours & technical assistance.

This forum is provided by the Durant Motors Automobile Club located at durantmotors.org

How to Add Pictures             Rocky

General Discussion Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Website Spam

Some of you are aware that for the past several days one of our Forum treads “engine serial # ????” has been hit with spam containing links to unwanted and objectionable websites. Since these attacks have continued, I have taken measures to combat this, but now feel that extra steps are needed. The first action taken was to lock out “engine serial # ????”. All posts are still visible; just no new entries will be permitted. The second action is something most of you have seen on other websites, where you will be asked to copy 4 or 5 letters and/or numbers into a box before you hit the Post Message button. It’s just one extra step that is intended only as a temporary measure, when the spam attacks stop that requirement will be removed.

Rick

Do You own a car built by Durant? 1929 Model 60 Sport Roadster

Re: Website Spam

Rick,
We all appreciate the work you do on the website. I don't know how you find the time to be President, Webmaster, and have a real world job and family considerations.
There have been other websites I used to visit concerning my other hobbies that have been so overrun with Spam and trash that they aren't worth visiting. The DMAC website is an invaluable resource for Durant enthusiasts world wide and since having it I don't know what we would do without it.

THANKS!
Dave

Right on the money Dave. This is a great web site and its all due to one man --
Great job Rick and I for one sure do appreciate it
Ken

Do You own a car built by Durant? 1930 Durant model 614 Deluxe rumble seat coupe

I agree 100%. I love this site so much I visit it 2 or 3 times a day just to see what's going on. I have also received a great education concerning our cars and their quirks. Thanks for a sreat site.
Chuck

Do You own a car built by Durant? 1925 Star Touring

Ditto, Ditto,
I agree with all of the above postings. Great job Rick!

I like many others visit several times a day! It is our-way of keeping in touch with all the others in this great club.

You are doing a terrific job with this website and the club. Thanks again.
Lance C.

Do You own a car built by Durant? 25 Locomobile JR-8 Brougham, 25 Loco JR-8 Sedan, 26 Loco JR-8 Roadster project, 30 Durant 610 Deluxe Sedan

While we have been traveling and not reading the forum, as a director, I certainly support any action that eliminates spam.

charlie

Do You own a car built by Durant? yes

Hi Sticky.
You do a good job. Thank you much.
I thank God for you often.
Spammers go away.
Faithfully
Lance Haynes

Where Are You From? www.lancedurant.com

Do You own a car built by Durant? many, many

This is one great site and I sure wish we had resources like this in the past, to turn to. I know all too well about behind the scenes volunteer work and people not knowing what one does. Had several VIPs of our youth group tell me they never knew all the work I put in 52 w.e.s a year, looking after the camp and grounds. As I said before my hat is off to you Rick.

Not sure letters / numbers work for individual persons, but only mass spamming, where its programmed to change parts of the addy of the sender, like the filled in different addys showed on those spam postings. Think that's what two teckies / programmers told me recently. If it works for us for now, lets give it a go.
Norm

Do You own a car built by Durant? 1932 614 Sedan

Hi All......

I agree with all the other members. Rick does a great job of keeping our web site free of all this junk.

The only "junk" that should be on her is for our cars !

THANKS again for all you do......

Frank ---

Do You own a car built by Durant? 14 Durant & Star cars & a Durant-Dort buggy

Thanks everyone.

Rick

Hey....what is all this fuss about SPAM...i have been eating it for years and, except for a small weight gain it has never hurt me....
maybe you should try it on toast...like me. regards, gary k

Gary

OK trivia question

what state consumes the most Spam per capita

Mariana Island?

Hawaii !!

Goodness Spam (food) has been around for years. Bet Ken served it at the Last Supper.

Noted it on the shelf at Giant Tiger the other day, along with another that's probably pre WW2 brand as well. I recall KLIM at home in the 40's. Red tins with pop tops. Powered milk if you read KLIM backwards. Mum used a couple of the tins for cookies after. Awful tasting stuff if you can't stand powered milk, but you used what you could get.
Norm

Hawaii is the correct answer

and I agree it is awful tasting, but there are lots of people that love it

I haven't had Spam in years, but with all this talk about it, I want some. I remember a Hawaiian style breakfast, Spam fried up with eggs and white rice, hmmm good eaten.

Rick

KLIK was the other tin beside Spam, I saw. Name just came to me. I've heard spam tastes better fried up.
Pass on thenm both, if you don't mind.

A big slice of Spam Fried with Eggs,

OU..Eeeeeeeeeeeee! with Grits , or Fried "Taters" in the morning. And plenty of BLACK coffee. Now your Talking!!!

Thats the only way to eat it! Used to be Served in the Military Mess halls that way. Many warm memories from way back!

Lance C.

Do You own a car built by Durant? 25 Locomobile JR-8 Brougham, 25 Loco JR-8 Sedan, 26 Loco JR-8 Roadster project, 30 Durant 610 Deluxe Sedan

Oh God, now I see what they mean about moving the army on its stomach. Toilet to toilet I would imagine. Morning Lance .. now eat up all your 'taters like a good boy ,and we'll see if we can find you Loco parts.

Monte Python has the last word about SPAM. www.youtube.com/watch?v=anwy2MPT5RE

Do You own a car built by Durant? 1930 6-14 standard coupe

The Durant Motors Automobile Club