Durant Motors Internet Forum

Our Purpose

Preserve the automobiles manufactured by the Durant Motor Company, provide enjoyment for each member with meets, tours & technical assistance.

This forum is provided by the Durant Motors Automobile Club located at durantmotors.org

How to Add Pictures             Rocky

General Discussion Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Generator Installation

I’ m trying to reinstall the generation in my 1925 Star. I’m at a double disadvantage. It was removed 2 ½ years ago by my son. So I really don’t have clue as to its installation. My son now lives 3000 miles away in Florida so can’t even use him for a resource. There is a key that I can’t seem to get lined up. Does anybody know the secret for lining this up?

Do You own a car built by Durant? 1925 Star Touring

Re: Generator Installation

Remove the cover, on the timing chain cover, which is located directly over the generator gear. This should reveal the timing chain and generator gear lying in position. Install the generator (with key installed on the shaft) into the gear, rotating the generator shaft as necessary to align the key into the gear, You can re-time the distributor later. The generator has a pivot bolt as the bottom mounting stud and is adjusted at the top mounting stud. Adjust the timing chain tension as per the Star Repair Manual. The water pump and flexible coupling must be aligned straight with the generator shaft and may require shims between the water pump and engine block to accomplish this.

Do You own a car built by Durant? 1923 Star C touring, 1927 Star M coupe

Re: Generator Installation

Don
Thanks for info. I really appreciate it
Chuck

Do You own a car built by Durant? 1925 Star Touring

The Durant Motors Automobile Club