Durant Motors Internet Forum

Our Purpose

Preserve the automobiles manufactured by the Durant Motor Company, provide enjoyment for each member with meets, tours & technical assistance.

This forum is provided by the Durant Motors Automobile Club located at durantmotors.org

How to Add Pictures             Rocky

General Discussion Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Car parts

Hi all
I have been givem a few car parts that I dont know what to do with. I have 4 clutch plates complete with clutch and pressure plate ready to bolt on. 3 good crank shafts all turned and in great shape. One is from an old dodge another from a jeep the other I dont know .Also have a head complete with valves from an old dodge ( a mate for the crank ) Does anyone want these things?? I have to get rid of them before they start to rust . Anyone know how to tell wht they are off of . I cant find parts numbers on any of the crank shafts. Havent looked at the head or the clutches
They are yours for the taking --or they go to the scrap iron dealer.
Let me know
Ken

Do You own a car built by Durant? 1930 Durant model 614 Deluxe rumble seat coupe

Re: Car parts

If the Dodge head is a four cyl it must be from a 1954 or later V8. Maybe an early Hemi so DON'T toss them out, they may be worth a fair bit of change. Douch them down with some WD40 do some more checking around.
If it's a 6 cyl head it may be from a slant six and not worth as much.
Either way, none of that stuff will fit my Star,,,,,,,

Do You own a car built by Durant? 1923 Star C touring, 1927 Star M coupe

Ken,
Are the JEEP cranks 4 or 6 Cyl's? Don sounds right on the Dodge stuff, but again 4 or 6 or Hemi Head? Thanks.
Lance C

Do You own a car built by Durant? 25 Locomobile JR-8 Brougham, 25 Loco JR-8 Sedan, 26 Loco JR-8 Roadster project, 30 Durant 610 Deluxe Sedan

To answer a few questions--
The jeep is a six --all I can find on the crank is on a tag that says M STD and T STD . I have no idea what tht means.
The dodge is a six cyl head and crank - The head has a number 3222652-1 and there is a tag on the crank saying -- Old dodge---and a number .265
Is it maybe a 265 rngine?? I dont know --thats all the info I can provide.
Ken

Do You own a car built by Durant? 1930 Durant model 614 Deluxe rumble seat coupe

The Dodge slant 6 parts are basically have no value, because they have never been known to wear out.
But, I would say, take them to your engine machine shop. A lot of those guys like to keep stuff in stock. I believe the crank has Standard (original)diameter main bearings, and probably same for the crank throws(rod bearings).

Do You own a car built by Durant? yes

M-std main bearings standard
t-std throw rod bearings standard

just a guess

Do You own a car built by Durant? star

The Durant Motors Automobile Club